Amiibos might not always be figurines

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
These new Amiibos are one hot toy. Some have become parictually rare to the point Nintendo can't produce them anymore. But that doesn't mean they are no longer avaible.

In an interview with Miyamoto, he stated:

“We’re not making promises for certain figures, but the way “amiibo” is designed is that certain games can have “amiibo” specifically for that game. Other games can take advantage of past “amiibo” that developers want to make their game compatible with. In the future, we have the option, if certain “amiibo” figures are no longer available in stores, to release an “amiibo” in card form with the same functionality.”

Yep, Amiibos might start coming in card form. That doesn't mean they won't be figures, but the rarer ones can now become avaible easier.

What do you think? I think pirating Amiibos might become a thing now.

These new Amiibos are one hot toy. Some have become parictually rare to the point Nintendo can't produce them anymore. But that doesn't mean they are no longer avaible.
[...]
What do you think? I think pirating Amiibos might become a thing now.
Nope. Nintendo is too smart to let it happen. Though I bet there will be some way to trick the 3DS/Wii U into thinking that a device with NFC capabilities is an amiibo, pirating amiibos won't be possible, since they rest on the NFC technology. And thus, if they were to be released in card form, it would either be bound to an NNID or a console, and/or still embark a NFC chip, thus making it near impossible to hack/pirate.

Plus, I'd prefer getting figurines than cards. For exposition purposes ;).

Reactions: 532 and Magik
Nope. Nintendo is too smart to let it happen. Though I bet there will be some way to trick the 3DS/Wii U into thinking that a device with NFC capabilities is an amiibo, pirating amiibos won't be possible, since they rest on the NFC technology. And thus, if they were to be released in card form, it would either be bound to an NNID or a console, and/or still embark a NFC chip, thus making it near impossible to hack/pirate.

Plus, I'd prefer getting figurines than cards. For exposition purposes ;).
I think that them making it card form could be a smart move if marketed correctly. It'd allow the figurines to be valued more, and in card form it'd be cheaper which would mean more demand. Long story short, Nintendo would be able to make easy money if they hypothetically chose to go this route.

Hmm... I like the idea of figurines. It just annoying when the ones you want are out of stock. I wish Nintendo offered them on their website and you could just order them from there. Clears space fro retail stores to actually sell the iconic ones.

Lol what if they turn amiibos into a card game

Cards. Well, time to have national amiibo trading card game!

Sounds like a good idea, actually. I personally like cards (TGC) and having Amiibo based ones could work out and sell pretty well. Perhaps they could be priced cheaper than the figurines, too.

there could be amii bo ar cards too

Back