Among Us on Switch needs Nintendo Online

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
Among Us just dropped on Switch, which is very exciting! However, it's about the same price on PC, $5.99, and Nintendo Online is required. Honestly, i hate it when they make you charge to play online, if that was the case they shouldv'e made this game free. it looks like it would do good if it was free, add some buyable cosmetics and they'd be set! The biggest downside of this for me is Nintendo Online, i don't have it and i hate paying for online services. What do you guys think?

• Funny
Reactions: FuredeRika, Mizunil and Jisenku
The game being paid is 100% fine imo, the only reason it's free on mobile is because that was it's first platform, all cosmetics are paid and generally it's kinda just not the best version? They also deserve money for what the game put the devs through and how much hard work they've put into it.

They aint to blame at all for nintendo online being a thing, it's just another reason to shout at nintendo for making us pay for something where our money doesn't go to anything. It's not like nintendo hosts the servers for the game.

Reactions: James, Mizunil, Jisenku and 1 other person
The game being paid is 100% fine imo, the only reason it's free on mobile is because that was it's first platform, all cosmetics are paid and generally it's kinda just not the best version? They also deserve money for what the game put the devs through and how much hard work they've put into it.

They aint to blame at all for nintendo online being a thing, it's just another reason to shout at nintendo for making us pay for something where our money doesn't go to anything. It's not like nintendo hosts the servers for the game.
i agree with you, they should earn money. im fine with it being purchaseable, but i'd be fine too if it was free and had microtransactions. i just dislike how we have to have Nintendo Online for this.

I had no idea it was coming out on switch :eek:
They also deserve money for what the game put the devs through and how much hard work they've put into it.

^ All facts, the online needing a membership is all Nintendo

Reactions: James and 28142
i'd be fine too if it was free and had microtransactions.

The issue with this is that that's then making it optional, optional means less money in the long run since its not a gacha game, it's not "useble" microtransactions or similar. Having a flat price covers updates and all sorts.

Reactions: phofufury
The issue with this is that that's then making it optional, optional means less money in the long run since its not a gacha game, it's not "useble" microtransactions or similar. Having a flat price covers updates and all sorts.
yeah thats true

It's really unfortunate that it requires Nintendo Switch Online. It makes Switch the hardest platform to play on. It's nice that the game is on switch but it isn't going to be easy to justify given that it's free on mobile and the same price but no cost to play online on steam.

the same price but no cost to play online on steam.

This is because PC doesn't force you to pay for online. Otherwise it'd be the same.

It's really unfortunate that it requires Nintendo Switch Online. It makes Switch the hardest platform to play on. It's nice that the game is on switch but it isn't going to be easy to justify given that it's free on mobile and the same price but no cost to play online on steam.
this is the most frustrating thing to me about the Nintendo Switch. I hate it how you have to pay to play online for like 90% of the online games (minus a few freebies like Fortnite, Brawlhalla, etc.). It's the same thing with Xbox and PlayStation.
This is because PC doesn't force you to pay for online. Otherwise it'd be the same.
thats the best thing with PC, you dont gotta pay for online play!

Reactions: Duffy and 28142
this is the most frustrating thing to me about the Nintendo Switch. I hate it how you have to pay to play online for like 90% of the online games (minus a few freebies like Fortnite, Brawlhalla, etc.). It's the same thing with Xbox and PlayStation.

thats the best thing with PC, you dont gotta pay for online play!
I agree. It'd be one thing if they tried to make online work really well and worth your money, but they didn't really improve it from last gen which had free online. NSO (nintendo switch online) is kinda like the taboo topic for nintendo since it's controversial (to say the least) this generation. To be fair though, competitors (xbox and playstation) also make you pay for online and (I think) NSO is cheaper, plus you get the NES/SNES games (even though personally I wish we had virtual console so I could just buy the games and not worry about losing the ability to play them if I ever cancel my NSO subscription or if NSO ever shuts down).

I agree. It'd be one thing if they tried to make online work really well and worth your money, but they didn't really improve it from last gen which had free online. NSO (nintendo switch online) is kinda like the taboo topic for nintendo since it's controversial (to say the least) this generation. To be fair though, competitors (xbox and playstation) also make you pay for online and (I think) NSO is cheaper, plus you get the NES/SNES games (even though personally I wish we had virtual console so I could just buy the games and not worry about losing the ability to play them if I ever cancel my NSO subscription or if NSO ever shuts down).

However the vast majority of games that use online don't use nintendo's servers. Nintendo's own online games are pretty much all just peer to peer basically, so no servers. You're not paying for the online part of the online subscription. This is unlike xbox and playstation, where servers are more commonly used.

+ with xbox and playstation, they may be a lil more expensive, but you get full games and such with it not just old re-releases of games so..

Reactions: phofufury and Duffy
You're not paying for the online part of the online subscription.
this is wacked up........ they make u pay for online play when ur really not using it? sooo, if the majorty of online games for Nintendo don't use servers, why does NSO even exist?

this is wacked up........ they make u pay for online play when ur really not using it? sooo, if the majorty of online games for Nintendo don't use servers, why does NSO even exist?

PYuOmbe.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Artisan, Mizunil and phofufury
Reactions: 28142
Back