An eevee to troll with.

• Thread starter MysticSniper
  • Start date
MysticSniper

MysticSniper

Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
This is just something I though up, but I don't ever plan to run myself.

Eevee @ evolite
Bold
Adaptability
252 hp & def, 4 sp. Def
Sand attack, wish, heal bell, swift

First, you'll need someone that can learn mean look and baton pass, and crobat comes to my mind. Send crobat out first, and use mean look. If you think you have time for it, use calm mind, agility, or tailwind next (assuming whatever you decide on can learn those). If not, or on the next turn, baton pass into eevee. Start spamming sand attack, and just watch as your opponent's fury builds until they rage quit. Of course, there are a few counters to this: never use on ghost types because you'll never actually be able to hurt them. Also, any flying type, along with any ability that preserves accuracy, will prevent this strategy from working. And let's not forget lucario, who more than likely will know aura sphere, which imediately kills any eevee.

This is just something I though up, but I don't ever plan to run myself.

Eevee @ evolite
Bold
Adaptability
252 hp & def, 4 sp. Def
Sand attack, wish, heal bell, swift

First, you'll need someone that can learn mean look and baton pass, and crobat comes to my mind. Send crobat out first, and use mean look. If you think you have time for it, use calm mind, agility, or tailwind next (assuming whatever you decide on can learn those). If not, or on the next turn, baton pass into eevee. Start spamming sand attack, and just watch as your opponent's fury builds until they rage quit. Of course, there are a few counters to this: never use on ghost types because you'll never actually be able to hurt them. Also, any flying type, along with any ability that preserves accuracy, will prevent this strategy from working. And let's not forget lucario, who more than likely will know aura sphere, which imediately kills any eevee.

Well, first, Mean Look can't be passed with Batton Pass, so the opponent can switch out if you use too many Sand Attack, so using Double Team would be much better, since the opponent can just switch out and kill you with another Pokémon.

Second, this kind of set are super weak to Roar and Whirlwind, to solve this problem, you could use something like Espeon or Mega Sableye (The latter being the best option) could help much more.

So pretty much, you could use something that can Batton Pass Evasion and Defenses (Drifblim works here), and pass it into something like Mega Sableye. Then use Night Shade or Toxic while recovering health with Recover (much better than using Wish)

But well, that's just my opinion, honestly, in my experience, these kind of strategies are not very good and really easy to counter, so I never use them in a serious enviroment :p

I didn't know that about baton pass. Then again, I haven't really used it much. From what you said, it soubds like umbreon could run this set better, as it can learn mean look and moonlight. The point of the set is to mess with people who think evasion is broken, but say nothing about trapping and lowering accuracy. Lowering the opponent's accuracy is basicaly the same as raising your evasion. They also can't complain about breaking smogen rules because you did not break any rules, they just happen to not have roar or whirlwind on the mon that got trapped. Any setup that requires stat boosting can also be ruined by those moves as well.

I didn't know that about baton pass. Then again, I haven't really used it much. From what you said, it soubds like umbreon could run this set better, as it can learn mean look and moonlight. The point of the set is to mess with people who think evasion is broken, but say nothing about trapping and lowering accuracy. Lowering the opponent's accuracy is basicaly the same as raising your evasion. They also can't complain about breaking smogen rules because you did not break any rules, they just happen to not have roar or whirlwind on the mon that got trapped. Any setup that requires stat boosting can also be ruined by those moves as well.

Oh, get it now!! I wish we had better Accuracy dropping moves tho

Mud Slap does damage and has a 100% chance to drop accuracy, which is pretty much an anti Taunt Sand Attack :p
Octazooka has a 50% chance to low acuracy, but it can be learned by Sableye (Sableye also gets Prankster Mean Look pre mega)

Back