AC:NH Animal crossing january update predictions

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
The january update should be dropping soon, so here I am again to make some predictions!

1. Pave. This is obvious. His face was literally shown when the update was teased. So we'll be having festivale. But I think that it'll be different this time around. In past games, you would catch colorful feathers for prizes. But in new horizons, you already catch things floating in the air for seasonal materials. Not sure that it would be much of a special holiday if we just get the same thing again. So maybe we can get some interesting activity. And special furniture is coming too which is sorta obvious.

2.Nooks cranny upgrade. Yes I know ive said this would happen before, but this update doesnt have much going for it in terms of content. Last update, we had two major hoidays. And before that, we got halloween, which is major too. But festivals isnt really major. It happens for one day. So they could add some of the much needed things as a filler and a nooks cranny upgrade sounds about right. And plus, we would need more space in the store because of the mario furniture thats coming soon. I'm guessing that maybe leif will join the nooks in the bigger store.

3.Brewster. This is the prediction I make every time. And i'm making it again. He's bound to be added sooner or later. So why not add him now so that people can have him for all of 2021. And adding brewster would also mean gyroids.

4. Ceiling furniture. Some dataminers saw that ceiling furniture was mentioned a couple times. This would be a pretty cool addition. I would love to have a giant chandelier in my basement or some hanging lights for my kitchen. Another thing the dataminers found was a new mini-event where a villager would visit your house and comment on your furniture.

So these are my predictions but i'm not sure how many of them will come true (I hope all of them do). What are your predictions?

Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
2.Nooks cranny upgrade. Yes I know ive said this would happen before, but this update doesnt have much going for it in terms of content. Last update, we had two major hoidays. And before that, we got halloween, which is major too. But festivals isnt really major. It happens for one day. So they could add some of the much needed things as a filler and a nooks cranny upgrade sounds about right. And plus, we would need more space in the store because of the mario furniture thats coming soon. I'm guessing that maybe leif will join the nooks in the bigger store.

3.Brewster. This is the prediction I make every time. And i'm making it again. He's bound to be added sooner or later. So why not add him now so that people can have him for all of 2021. And adding brewster would also mean gyroids.
Tbh these are my hopes for every single update. I just want more permanent updates rather than seasonal things/events. Leif upgrade, Kicks upgrade, Labelle upgrade. Shampoodle, Luna, and Shrink don't need places anymore. Is the rumor for cooking still a thing, or was it only for thanksgiving?

My other 2 main hopes are for Tortimer island to comeback and more furniture, multiplayer is pretty boring tbh, once you do a town tour you're left to make your own games. I miss the old furniture sets, I think it'll bring way more variety to decorating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepak
Tbh these are my hopes for every single update. I just want more permanent updates rather than seasonal things/events. Leif upgrade, Kicks upgrade, Labelle upgrade. Shampoodle, Luna, and Shrink don't need places anymore. Is the rumor for cooking still a thing, or was it only for thanksgiving?

My other main 2 main hopes are for Tortimer island to comeback and more furniture, multiplayer is pretty boring tbh, once you do a town tour you're left to make your own games. I miss the old furniture sets, I think it'll bring way more variety to decorating.
Tortimer would be amazing! Im a bit annoyed of the fact that 4 people can play, but theres nothing to do together really. I would love to competitively fish and catch bugs with random people online!

Reactions: Mizunil

My other 2 main hopes are for Tortimer island to comeback and more furniture, multiplayer is pretty boring tbh, once you do a town tour you're left to make your own games. I miss the old furniture sets, I think it'll bring way more variety to decorating.
i havn't played ACNH but it does sound annoying that there aren't a lot of permanent updates. I've also heard of the cooking feature, and it would be cool to add it in and not make it a seasonal thing. I've played the GameCube version of Animal Crossing, forgot what it was called, but liked it cuz it had a lot of permanent things. Whats kinda keeping me form this game is all the complaints how the updates are seasonal, and how it comes and goes with new features instead of keeping them.

Reactions: Deepak and Mizunil
i havn't played ACNH but it does sound annoying that there aren't a lot of permanent updates. I've also heard of the cooking feature, and it would be cool to add it in and not make it a seasonal thing. I've played the GameCube version of Animal Crossing, forgot what it was called, but liked it cuz it had a lot of permanent things. Whats kinda keeping me form this game is all the complaints how the updates are seasonal, and how it comes and goes with new features instead of keeping them.
Thats sort of the point though. The game progresses in real time so if its winter outside, its winter in the game. And we do get permanent updates every single time. Like crafting recipes, reactions, or something else. Im just disappointed that we havent gotten some of the features that were present in past games. But the seasonal /not permanent update thing you were talking about shouldnt stop you from playing the game. Its still really fun and ive spent over 200 hours on it.

Reactions: phofufury
Looking at all of the things missing from the game after almost a year, I don’t really expect much from updates anymore. I thought for sure Brewster would be added during the cold months, but all they did in that period of time was run a few small seasonal events.

I think the reason NH doesn’t get a lot of content could be because Pocket Camp nickle and dimes for most of all of the ridiculous amount of content present there, so adding those kinds of things in NH free of charge might draw whales away from Pocket Camp. It’s about money, like always. They had an opportunity to make a ton of money off of the huge hype for the game last year by doing microtransactions, but for whatever reason they are only willing to do them in the mobile game.

Of course, that doesn’t explain why they are taking such a long time introducing NPCs. That remains a mystery to me.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Back