Animal crossing update! (March 2021)

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
We finally got a new update! No video though. It's just detailed on the Nintendo website. This is separate from the sanrio villagers update.
Here are the notable features:
  • Custom design pro editor. You can decorate even more items such as umbrellas, fans and mini flags. And we finally get more custom design slots! 50 custom designs and 50 pro designs. This means more custom paths! (yay!)
  • New app for your nookphone. It's the custom designs portal. It's the thing available at able stores where you can search and download designs from people online. But now it's on your phone which makes it easier to access (and you dont have to worry about a closed store)
  • This awesome looking one year anniversary cake.
  • New items: whoopee cushion, prom night wall and flooring, Forsythia tree, a new globe. And there's also a switch lite furniture item (which I definitely need)!
  • Bunny day returns on march 28th and there are some new bunny day items. But it's still similar to last year where you hunt for eggs.
  • Tour creator: You can take screenshots and videos and compile them together online through a website to create an island tour. This is only for a limited time though and is only for this year.
  • Nook link gets an update.(Nook link is the animal crossing feature in the switch online app on your phone). You earn this new currency called nook points and you can redeem for in-game items.
  • Katrina makes a return-but in a very unconventional way. She's part of the nooklink update and it looks like she will just tell you random fortunes. But i'm not 100% sure if it's right. I'm just basing it off this screenshot I saw.
    Screenshot 2021-03-16 8.03.11 PM.png

Reactions: Trazzers, phofufury and Mizunil
I actually really like this update and think it adds a lot for a random update. Decorating even more items is great, as it allows for additional customization.

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
  • Custom design pro editor. You can decorate even more items such as umbrellas, fans and mini flags. And we finally get more custom design slots! 50 custom designs and 50 pro designs. This means more custom paths! (yay!)
  • New app for your nookphone. It's the custom designs portal. It's the thing available at able stores where you can search and download designs from people online. But now it's on your phone which makes it easier to access (and you dont have to worry about a closed store)
Super excited for these two features! Designing will be way easier now, my slots were almost filled and I was purposefully leaving them open incase. I'm guessing you need to fulfill certain requirements for the new app (like the Nook Shopping one), but most players will get it automatically at this point. New items are always cool, a few new things to use as decoration, gotta get that Switch lite :eyes:

I've never done Bunny Day since I got Animal Crossing in May after the event finished. But I heard a lot of people complaining about it and it being kind of a meme, I wonder if they changed it or made improvements.

The rest just seems to be small stuff, doesn't really concern me but cool nonetheless. Cool update :cool-pika:

EDIT: So there's also an Isabelle cutout item, like the ones in ACNL. I wonder if there's more cutout items? Also I was wondering how to get the new app and design slots, you buy it with Nook Mile Tickets :p

Last edited:
Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
Back