Anime Suggestions/Recommendations

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Hey everyone! I've been really lost on what to watch lately, I've now finished Baka and Test (recommended by Marc) and it was really good, but now.. I wanna watch something new, and I have no idea where to start. Some of you may know I'm a huge Fairy Tail fan but to be honest, I'm not all that interested in Fairy Tail, at the moment (just want to take a small break from it).

Other than Fairy Tail, i'm not watching anything at the moment. I enjoy animes like Baka and Test, The Familar of Zero, Fate/Zero, Dog Days, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Black Bullet, Magi, Log Horizon, Blade and Soul etc... Anyone have any anime recommendations similar (magic/fantasy genre) to those above^? Or is there anything you think I MUST watch? I started Pandora Hearts... but I don't know, I only watched episode one and it couldn't have hold my attention at all.

I would appreciate any anime recommendations given! :)

Well, if you haven't watch Madoka Magica yet, I highly recommend it, don't let the art style and bright color palette deceive you, there will be surprises in store.

If you haven't seen Berserk yet, its a must watch in the fantasy genre, though I must warn you, there's quite a bit of blood of gore.

And if want more of a comedy, you could give Slayers a watch, and even though its a comedy, its got a decent plot as well. If you like the artstyle used in 90's anime, then even better, though if not, it may seem a little dated.

Reactions: Reece
For pure fantasy I would recommend Sword Art Online. It's a pretty happy anime, with lots of battles and magic. It's a must-watch if you've ever played an MMO.

The next three recommendations are somewhat less fantasy, and quite a bit darker than the ones you've mentioned.
Darker than Black is a great anime with good action and interesting characters. The second season was confusing as all hell, but it's well worth the watch.

If you haven't seen Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood yet, then I highly recommend it. It's a spectacularly good series, with pretty deep characters, excellent animation and soundtracks and a solid plot.

Samurai Champloo is another excellent series. It's less fantasy and more feudal japan, but with all the hip-hop mixed in, it feels like modern society. The main character is delightfully crass and the action is brilliant. It's got a great soundtrack too.

Reactions: Reece
Back