Anime Suggestions?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
JunZhi made me really want to watch more anime, so I'll ask you guys what I should watch!

The main animes I watch are the psychological ones full of dialogue like Death Note and Bakuman, know any anime similar?

Or, do you know any anime I may like that aren't under that category?

I love psychological theme therefore I recommend you Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze. Both are hard to digest, so suit yourself. The first tells you about a girl struggling in the internet, the second, a man with his body, machine, and mankind evolution.
There's more casual, short serial, but still cool anime entitled Eden of the East. It is a game for 12 people given 1 billion (or million, I forgot) yen each to save Japan as a Messiah.

Reactions: BjFauble
I love psychological theme therefore I recommend you Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze. Both are hard to digest, so suit yourself. The first tells you about a girl struggling in the internet, the second, a man with his body, machine, and mankind evolution.
There's more casual, short serial, but still cool anime entitled Eden of the East. It is a game for 12 people given 1 billion (or million, I forgot) yen each to save Japan as a Messiah.

Ooh, those both sound pretty cool! I'll check out Serial Experiments Lain tonight.

I would recommend the Anime to watch is Log Horizon , it's something like SAO but this one has many classes and subclass not like SAO xD but you should really watch it.

Clannad!

It's about a guy who meets this girl at school and they become friends and basically benefit each others lives. It's a coming of age drama of how they view the world and the importance of family, friends and life. It's very emotional and I know you haven't watched the whole thing so watch it trick. Tricks yogurt.

Reactions: Isabella
Clannad!

It's about a guy who meets this girl at school and they become friends and basically benefit each others lives. It's a coming of age drama of how they view the world and the importance of family, friends and life. It's very emotional and I know you haven't watched the whole thing so watch it trick. Tricks yogurt.

Thanks, but this anime is garbage. Good try, Heart.

Really that anime was garbage ?!! I thought I've might want to watch it since the description of the anime is suggesting was detailed :eek: anyways this is just garbage you're right lol what's the point xD.

@Nanamine @Heart @JunZhi I prefer the original version of Clannad - the visual novel - to the anime adaptation. It's a slice of life/drama genre so it's not probably your genre. So it's okay, take it easy ;)

Clannad is brilliant and you have to watch Clannad After Story (basically season 2) for the full effect.
Clannad is the holy grail of romantic/drama anime.

The relatable characters put you into their shoes and you are absorbed into their lives and experience an adventure of such prestigious glory that it can only happen once. There is a lot more to the world beyond money, fame and greed.

Clannad opens the pearly gates to the importance of family, friends and love. Something I would have never valued as I high as I do because of Clannad.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. It's a pretty good movie, I watched it this morning. It's very easy to find on Youtube, English sub or dub.

Clannad is brilliant and you have to watch Clannad After Story (basically season 2) for the full effect.
Clannad is the holy grail of romantic/drama anime.

The relatable characters put you into their shoes and you are absorbed into their lives and experience an adventure of such prestigious glory that it can only happen once. There is a lot more to the world beyond money, fame and greed.

Clannad opens the pearly gates to the importance of family, friends and love. Something I would have never valued as I high as I do because of Clannad.

You probably shouldn't feel that much from an animated cartoon, but alright. I tried Clannad when you first started talking about it, and I find it boring.

Code Geass....

Reactions: BjFauble
You probably shouldn't feel that much from an animated cartoon, but alright. I tried Clannad when you first started talking about it, and I find it boring.
For me, I liked it right off the bat but there were some fillers that were kind of boring. I do recommend you watch a little bit more though. How many episodes have you seen?

Have you seen Mirai Nikki? It's similar in ways to Death Note.
Steins;Gate also is in the psychological genre of anime and it's loved by most people.
Also check out Another, Danganronpa, and Elfen Lied.

For me, I liked it right off the bat but there were some fillers that were kind of boring. I do recommend you watch a little bit more though. How many episodes have you seen?

Have you seen Mirai Nikki? It's similar in ways to Death Note.
Steins;Gate also is in the psychological genre of anime and it's loved by most people.
Also check out Another, Danganronpa, and Elfen Lied.

I only watched the first 3-4 episodes, I guess I should give it another try, but it seemed really unappealing when I watched it.

No, I haven't watched any of those, but I've heard of Elfin Lied. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out.

Reactions: Isabella

Suggest:

Steins;Gate
Serial Experiments Lain
Elfen Lied
Code Geass (both seasons)
Kino's Journey
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (trust me)
Welcome to the NHK!

Manga:
Monster (best manga I've ever read hands down)
Bokurano

Suggest:

Steins;Gate
Serial Experiments Lain
Elfen Lied
Code Geass (both seasons)
Kino's Journey
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (trust me)
Welcome to the NHK!

Manga:
Monster (best manga I've ever read hands down)
Bokurano
I read Steins;Gate visual novel, and of course it's better than the anime - well, the anime adaptation was awesome, too. I read Welcome to the NHK! light novel, but have not watched the anime. Bokurano manga is a good choice indeed :)

Katanagatari all the way!

I only watched the first 3-4 episodes, I guess I should give it another try, but it seemed really unappealing when I watched it.

No, I haven't watched any of those, but I've heard of Elfin Lied. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out.

Lol i found it boring at first like you did @Nanamine :p
Its true as @Heart says.
The second season was the Best
It made everything clear and make sense
Made me forget the boring season 1 in a flash
Season 2 is a must watch!:D

Back