Gen 4 Another Nuzlocke (PLATINUM)

• Thread starter luxray6490
  • Start date

Which rules should I include? (7 votes for the rule and I'll include it)

• Banning Master Ball.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
luxray6490

luxray6490

Divergent
Towns Folk
Hi guys!

After seeing some Nuzlocke threads in the forum I decided to do my own for my favourite game Pokémon Platinum.
I'm starting my challenge after my starter is chosen so post what starter you want me to have to get things moving!!! (If a starter isn't chosen by 3pm 3ds pedia time I'll use the rule : starter Pokémon is based off the player's trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.)

I want some help with the rules so I'll put up the ones I'm gonna do and let you guys pick some optional ones.

Rules;
-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be permanently boxed or released.
-The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
-The player must nickname all Pokémon after 3DS Pedia members.
-No traded/mystery gift Pokémon allowed but can accept Pokémon given to the player inside the game.
-NO RESETTING!!!
-Species clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon.
-Shiny Clause.
-If the player blacks out it is considered Game Over.

Optional rules - YOU DECIDE!!!
-Banning the use of potions and healing items.
-Use the same amount of Pokémon as the opponent during a gym battle or rival battle.
-Banning Master Ball.
-Allowed to catch legendries but must permanently box them.
-Mercy rule; allowing 1 second chance.
-Allowing a HM slave. Not allowed to use in battle.

Here are my rules I've put up a poll to see what rules you want me to play with. If any rules get over 7 votes I will include that rule but I'm only allowing a single vote to encourage more voters. Will include each rule at 7 votes as in when it reaches the acquired amount.
I am also letting the first person to comment the name of a starter to choose my Pokémon. I will also nickname it after them!
I'll name my Pokes after members in this order; 1st - people who have liked, 2nd - people who have commented, 3rd - people who have voted in the poll.
I will keep you updated on my team, deaths and where I am in my journey!

thanks for reading check up regularly to see how far I am and fell free to comment and ask whatever you want. (Please say if I've forgotten anything)!

Edit :should probably give a shout-out to @FirstSerpent for inspiring me :)

Last edited:
hmm i voted on something, but i wanted to voted on more than one rule really.

Hey, are you going to choose your starter based on your Trainer ID? (if the last number is 1-3 choose the grass-type Turtwig; if the last number is 4-6 choose the fire-type Chimchar; if the last number is 7-9 choose the water-type Piplup; if the last number is 0 choose what you want to)

That's a rule that you often see in Nuzlockes and makes it exciting as you don't know what you might get until you begin.

Hey, are you going to choose your starter based on your Trainer ID? (if the last number is 1-3 choose the grass-type Turtwig; if the last number is 4-6 choose the fire-type Chimchar; if the last number is 7-9 choose the water-type Piplup; if the last number is 0 choose what you want to)

That's a rule that you often see in Nuzlockes and makes it exciting as you don't know what you might get until you begin.
I want a forum member to choose it more me this time. :) just need someone to post which starter and I'll start

Ah I see, good idea, why don't you do a voting system for that too? It's your choice though, I'd go for Piplup :) but I can't think of a nickname so wait for another member to post.

Ah I see, good idea, why don't you do a voting system for that too? It's your choice though, I'd go for Piplup :) but I can't think of a nickname so wait for another member to post.
MY STARTER PIPLUP!!! (extra challenge, found it difficult when I was younger) if u want I can name it after u? would make quite a call nickname

MY STARTER PIPLUP!!! (extra challenge, found it difficult when I was younger) if u want I can name it after u? would make quite a call nickname

Sure, go ahead and call it Death or Dragon, your choice :D

Btw it's hard to read your optional rules now because of the colour, and why don't you make a list of what Pokemon you are using/died in your first post? Oh and say what Gym Badges you've won too. That would keep us updated on how you're doing. :)

Glad to help you and good luck!

OKAY MY CHALLEGE HAS STARTED!!!

My starter Pokémon Piplup is nicknamed Dragon after @DeathDragon . I won my battle with my rival so It's still alive (YAY)
Im gonna keep tab of all my Pokes and update as I go.

POKEMON;
1 - Piplup - Dragon
2 - Starly - UltimateC ( After @theultimate ) route 201 check
3 - Shinx - Serpent ( After @FirstSerpent ) route 202 check

Deaths;

Gym badges;

(Note : as I can only update my post a while after posting I will regularly post new comments)

Last edited:
Yay caught Shinx route 202. It cannot die! remember to comment nicknames for my pokes!!!

you better keep that starly alive and evolve it into a staraptor.

Reactions: luxray6490

Yep, same with that Piplup, don't let Dragon die!

Reactions: luxray6490
You should probably name the Pokemon after pedia members that are actually like their pictures. (Like @@paceygym is a Dewott or @@NIN10 is a Seperior) Looks like everyone is doing a Nuzlocke Challenge on here now. I am doing one on an Emulator but I'm not gonna keep tabs on it on here. You should definitely give yourself a second chance because I lost once by rival. You should chose a random Pokemon and store the other one in your PC. I had to train a level 8 Abra with only Teleport with my level 17 Loudred in the first city with a gym because I couldn't beat Roxanne with Uproar. It took 3 days or more to evolve it and to learn confusion. -_-

I agree, starly is really helpful, I found myself beating quite a lot of Pokemon with him/her especially when it evolves into a staraptor. Good luck with the nuzlocke! :)

Yup

thanks guys! just a quick update;

Team;
Piplup - lv8
Shinx - lv8
Starly - lv8

Zubat (KeyHolder after @Thatkeyholder ) - lv5

Deaths;

0!!!

Last edited:
thanks guys! just a quick update;

Team;
Piplup - lv8
Shinx - lv8
Starly - lv8

Zubat (KeyHolder after @Thatkeyholder ) - lv5

Deaths;

0!!!
Yay I am nicknamed :D I better not die or things will happen :vamp: BTW I had a Zubat I caught in Pokemon Emerald named Batman because I had nothing to name it, and it died while fighting a Sableye that I really wanted to catch but I already caught "Batman" :(

Back