Another Pokemon game for the Wii U?

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Reapers' Game's Producer.
Towns Folk
There has been a rumor going around claiming that Nintendo is planning to release another Pokemon game for the Wii U.

So far it hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo, and since little is known about it, speculations are running rampant. For some it will be the first console Pokemon RPG, and for others it is the long awaited Pokemon MMO.

What do you think of it?

So far I know they have Pokémon Rumble U

I personally hope it's another Genius Sonority title in the line of Colosseum and XD (Gale of Darkness, not the smiley).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
To be honest I think realistically it might be just Battle Revolution 2, but who knows recent trademarks seems to suggest pokken fighters or something.

To be honest I think realistically it might be just Battle Revolution 2, but who knows recent trademarks seems to suggest pokken fighters or something.
I personally hope it's another Genius Sonority title in the line of Colosseum and XD (Gale of Darkness, not the smiley).
We can only hope. :p You're probably right, though.

Whatever it is, I hope they tightly integrate it with Pokemon X/Y

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx, Reece, Nuke and 1 other person
You know what would be awesome? IF they made a pokemon game that had as good of graphics as Skyrim or some other game like that. That would be like the biggest hit ever. I dont think they ever will though because if they were going to, they probably would have done it by now.

You know what would be awesome? IF they made a pokemon game that had as good of graphics as Skyrim or some other game like that. That would be like the biggest hit ever. I dont think they ever will though because if they were going to, they probably would have done it by now.
That wouldn't go too well with the fandom. I'd prefer a game in the lineage of Colosseum and XD.

I have a huge feeling that a game like Pokepark 1 and 2 will be one of the Pokemon games for the Wii U, instead of the three starters from Generations 4 and 5 ,it would be the current three of Generation 6, it would be pretty cool if they ever decide to make a Pokemon Snap HD.

Maybe GameFreak decided they'd only add 69 new pokemon to Gen 6 to make it easier to make games like Pokemon Snap HD and all that as it'd mean less pokemon to make HD models and such for?

Whatever it is, I hope they tightly integrate it with Pokemon X/Y

Yes that would be cool, maybe they will make a Gen 6 exclusive for the Wii U like Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald except the Emerald would be on the Wii U for example.

Yes that would be cool, maybe they will make a Gen 6 exclusive for the Wii U like Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald except the Emerald would be on the Wii U for example.
Don't count on a Gen 6 exclusive for the Wii U because the main series pokemon games are ALWAYS on the handhelds. If anything best you could expect is some kind of spin-off game for the Wii U (if you look on another thread, apparently they're thinking of making a Detective one)

Don't count on a Gen 6 exclusive for the Wii U because the main series pokemon games are ALWAYS on the handhelds. If anything best you could expect is some kind of spin-off game for the Wii U (if you look on another thread, apparently they're thinking of making a Detective one)

Pokemon Detective? Come on Nintendo... Actually I think a Pheonix Wright game would make a good game for the Nintendo Wii U. If they won't make a main series exclusive I at least want something like Colosseum or XD (or maybe a new PokéPark?)

I really don't want a full Pokémon RPG on the Wii U. Keep the main series on the 3DS, and put whatever spin offs they have ready on Wii U. (We never got the Japanese WiiWare Mystery Dungeon Games, I would love to see those.)

Pokemon Detective? Come on Nintendo... Actually I think a Pheonix Wright game would make a good game for the Nintendo Wii U. If they won't make a main series exclusive I at least want something like Colosseum or XD (or maybe a new PokéPark?)

You say "come on" like that's a bad thing. Who would have ever thought taking pictures of Pokémon in a video game would become so popular? Game Freak has their obscure ideas, but more times than not, they work.

I really don't want a full Pokémon RPG on the Wii U. Keep the main series on the 3DS, and put whatever spin offs they have ready on Wii U. (We never got the Japanese WiiWare Mystery Dungeon Games, I would love to see those.)

You say "come on" like that's a bad thing. Who would have ever thought taking pictures of Pokémon in a video game would become so popular? Game Freak has their obscure ideas, but more times than not, they work.

No it is just that I do not like those kind of weird Pokémon games where there is no objective and you kind of just take photos and search for random Pokémon even though you can't really do anything with them. I like the games with objectives like Rumble, Mystery Dungeon, the main series and the spinoffs.

No it is just that I do not like those kind of weird Pokémon games where there is no objective and you kind of just take photos and search for random Pokémon even though you can't really do anything with them. I like the games with objectives like Rumble, Mystery Dungeon, the main series and the spinoffs.

You're objective is to take better pictures and get a higher score, figure out how to solve various puzzles to get to the next level, and eventually take a picture of Mew. Honestly, you do more in it than, say, Rumble where you just mash A and B over and over.

You're objective is to take better pictures and get a higher score, figure out how to solve various puzzles to get to the next level, and eventually take a picture of Mew. Honestly, you do more in it than, say, Rumble where you just mash A and B over and over.

Lol but I find that more fun for some weird reason... Those games have always appealed to me and I like to play those games a lot... I still plaz Pokémon Rumble for the Wii and I still love it :)

What i really be happy for is a pokemon adventure game the same as pokemon XY for wii u playing this kind of thing on a wii u would be cool.

Back