Any streamers out there?

• Thread starter Courtknee26
  • Start date
Courtknee26

Courtknee26

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
I guess this would be the right place to put this, but I'm just wondering who else streams on twitch because I think it would be awesome to support each other :)
Mine is:
Twitch.tv/xx_imnotzelda_xx
Right now I watch other streamers more than I actually stream lol

I stream but only a little bit because for some reason my mic won't work on my computer if you know why please help me thanks

Do you use OBS? That's the only one I'm sort of familiar with.
Do you use the web cams mic, stand alone mic, or headset?
I don't know a lot about setting things up though so I probably won't be much help, but I can try :)

I used to stream quite a lot, but school has gotten in the way for me and i kinda fear my (10) followers have probably forgotten about my existence hahaha, in the summer i will start to stream again, i'll leave the link to my twitch page here if you want to see it, but there isn't much to see right now haha- http://www.twitch.tv/pikachu__senpai , i used to stream daily, and in the summer i hope to do the same, so yeah, hopefully we can all help eachother out when the time comes :'D

I think the biggest way to grow on twitch is to help each other out! I mean the big name streamers all seem like they are in there own little clique and promote each other, speedrunners do the same, then there's everyone else who falls into their own respective groups and promote their friends.
Hehe rant over
Maybe when you start back it would work out where I could send my viewers your way, it would probably be like 5 people, but still.
Oh man I want to change the thread title to streamers helping streamers now lol maybe next time :)

I stream! It's mostly art but I stream games too.
Also OBS is the best program out there to use for streaming, in my opinion, I've found it very helpful and easy to use!
This is my link! http://www.twitch.tv/mariakyetsuki and I've followed you guys ^.^

What kind of art?

What kind of art?
Pretty much any kind! From semi realism to Pokemon and anime to cartoons, I never stick to one style only :'3

Do you have a set time you stream? Or just whenever? I'm not artistic at all, but I enjoy watching people who are :)

Do you have a set time you stream? Or just whenever? I'm not artistic at all, but I enjoy watching people who are :)
I don't really have a set time yet so I just stream whenever :'3 it's usually towards the afternoon when I know I'm not going to be busy and that other people can catch up with the stream too ^.^

Okay, I followed you! Hopefully I can catch you live one day and see your art :)

Okay, I followed you! Hopefully I can catch you live one day and see your art :)
Thanks for the follow! Looking forward to seeing you there :'3

I used to stream quite a lot, but school has gotten in the way for me and i kinda fear my (10) followers have probably forgotten about my existence hahaha, in the summer i will start to stream again, i'll leave the link to my twitch page here if you want to see it, but there isn't much to see right now haha- http://www.twitch.tv/pikachu__senpai , i used to stream daily, and in the summer i hope to do the same, so yeah, hopefully we can all help eachother out when the time comes :'D
I saw that you had streamed the other day but wasn't able to watch :( hopefully next time I can stop in and say hi!

I saw that you had streamed the other day but wasn't able to watch :( hopefully next time I can stop in and say hi!
I am streaming tomorrow for @Fluffy-Luffy 's birthday if you wanna check it out :3 Pokemon HeartGold upon his request, will be a chill stream nothing intense

Umm I do not know if i should start streaming ;-; I need advise please ;-;

@Ace Of Spades i can give you advice :3
i'm not very confident but i can possibly help youu

Umm I do not know if i should start streaming ;-; I need advise please ;-;
I've asked more established streamers what advice they have for new streamers or people who are thinking about starting. All their answers were about the same.
Have fun with it, don't except to me popular in a day, play whatever you want, don't look at your numbers(followers/views) cause it will discourage you if that's your main focus, if you decide to do donations make the person who donated $1 feel just as special as the person who might donate $100, always talk! Even if no one is watching commentate the game to yourself cause it's good practice for when you get an active chat, don't forget about chat, also if there's a streamer(s) you like be active in their chat don't flat out advertise your channel but chances are when you become a regular in that streamers chat and they find out you stream they might host or raid your channel if your streaming when they are done. Most streamers are nice in that way and will help you out. Also don't start out streaming by spending loads of money on equipment. If you use a webcam it will be awkward for a while, even talking to yourself. But if you stick to it your channel will slowly grow.
Oh yeah, don't start out by playing games that are flooded. Anything in the top 10 games list will be hard because you'll likely be a few pages down and a lot of people don't go past the 5th page for that game. If you wanna speed run games hang out in other speedrunners chat because they love getting to know their competition lol
Haha sorry for writing this novel, I don't even know if this was the kind of advice you were asking for but maybe it will help :)

I've considered starting a Twitch account to stream some Minecraft or something, but not sure. I am somewhat successful on YouTube ( www.youtube.com/user/minecraftminer26 ), having 25 subscribers as of this post. And, by the laws of almighty logic, if you are good at YouTube, why not Twitch? Most of my favorite games (which all have some sandbox aspect about them in one way or another) can stream. The only thing getting in my way is not enough free time to do any persistent streaming for longer than 10 minutes at a time, and my computer isn't powerful enough to support any REAL streaming (watch my lava survival videos, you will see that my computer is so weak it can't lift a pencil if it had to). The computer issue is being fixed, as a very good laptop is coming in in a few days, and it's going to be mine. When I get a Twitch and begin to stream, I will let you know.

I have a Twitch account, but I don't... er... can't stream. I don't have a computer anymore.

R.I.P. HP Netbook(NOPE! That thing was so slow and I couldn't set my own desktop background)

I wish I could stream though... I would probably watch streams more considering how many users and games I am currently following.

Back