Any tips for World of Light?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Smash Ultimate seems fun. :eek: I've been keeping away from spoilers as much as I can until we get it, but I've been curious about one mode: The World of Light. :artist:

Now, I HAVE seen it being talked about it in the videos. So stuff about the Spirits and leveling up, I know about, but that's probably not gonna be enough. There's more to it than just knowing that. So, erm, could anyone who's played it tell me any tips, without spoiling anything? I kinda wanna be semi prepared to take on that giant light-monster-thing. :p

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
Smash Ultimate seems fun. :eek: I've been keeping away from spoilers as much as I can until we get it, but I've been curious about one mode: The World of Light. :artist:

Now, I HAVE seen it being talked about it in the videos. So stuff about the Spirits and leveling up, I know about, but that's probably not gonna be enough. There's more to it than just knowing that. So, erm, could anyone who's played it tell me any tips, without spoiling anything? I kinda wanna be semi prepared to take on that giant light-monster-thing. :p
@Samster wanna help our bro out? :)

I haven’t played much so I really can’t help but yeah :)

Reactions: P2.0 and Samster
TBH here's how I enjoyed World of Light most:
1-Don't play this with your full attention. Put TV on in the background, do homework, or watch youtube or something. There's so many battles to do during world of light, it becomes a little bit like busywork.
2-Play it with your complete attention for boss battles. Boss Battles are super cool in this mode! And they usually require your complete attention. They are easily the most interesting part of this mode, and some of them are really hard.
3-Don't spend hours playing only World of Light. 20-40 minute increments are good. Smash Ultimate has a lot of modes, and playing any single mode for too long will be less fun.
4-Don't forget to make sure you are using support spirits to help you during fights. There is an easy way to make sure you have good support spirits, mapped to a button before fights. It takes a moment to figure out the spirit equip/pre fight menus, but once you do it will help you a lot.

Reactions: P2.0 and AricAttack
TBH here's how I enjoyed World of Light most:
1-Don't play this with your full attention. Put TV on in the background, do homework, or watch youtube or something. There's so many battles to do during world of light, it becomes a little bit like busywork.
2-Play it with your complete attention for boss battles. Boss Battles are super cool in this mode! And they usually require your complete attention. They are easily the most interesting part of this mode, and some of them are really hard.
3-Don't spend hours playing only World of Light. 20-40 minute increments are good. Smash Ultimate has a lot of modes, and playing any single mode for too long will be less fun.
4-Don't forget to make sure you are using support spirits to help you during fights. There is an easy way to make sure you have good support spirits, mapped to a button before fights. It takes a moment to figure out the spirit equip/pre fight menus, but once you do it will help you a lot.
Oh, don't play it too long? Never thought I'd hear that as advice, but alright! :p I getcha, I don't wanna get bored of the adventure. :x
So, is it hard to customize the spirits, or what? Cuz most of it from the videos I didn't quite understand.

Reactions: Duffy, Samster and AricAttack
@Samster wanna help our bro out? :)

I haven’t played much so I really can’t help but yeah :)
Oh yeah, I’d be more than happy to! :D

World Of Light is, simply put, the brand new Adventure Mode of the Smash Bros series. As you most likely know, Spirits are what you use to fight in this game. Kinda like supports, if you get what I mean. :x

Basically, you can equip a Primary Spirit, and Support Spirits. Then, you choose your fighter, and jump into one of the many (and by many, I mean a LOT) battles the game has to offer. Primary Spirits enhance your strength, and some have added bonuses that can be applied in battle. Support Spirits are what you’d expect, they “support” you throughout your battles, giving you nice little skills (eg. invincibility for the first few seconds of a fight, starting the battle with a Bob Bomb, etc).

There are also Boss Battles on occasion, and let me tell ya, those are freaking amazing. The cutscenes are short, but gorgeous! ;u; Then comes the battle itself, which in itself is super unique and fun. I won’t spoil anything, but gosh darn it, you’ll love it! *^*

Reactions: P2.0
Also, like @3dsCollector said, try not to play too much of the game at once, cause you can ruin the fun of the whole thing if you try to blow through every battle at once. :redpanda:

Oh, don't play it too long? Never thought I'd hear that as advice, but alright! :p I getcha, I don't wanna get bored of the adventure. :x
So, is it hard to customize the spirits, or what? Cuz most of it from the videos I didn't quite understand.
Just don't play ONLY World of Light for 15 hrs straight like I did when I got the game :p

Customizing spirits and spirit teams is confusing at first. You have a primary spirit, and up to 3 support spirits. Each primary spirit levels up as you battles (supports have no levels). There's also dojos and items you can unlock that influence spirits... you will see when you play. It can seem complicated at first, but if you take it little by little it'll make sense.

If you have trouble getting spirits try the spirit board since you can use all the characters you've already unlocked not just from WoL. Even if you have duplicates of spirits they are helpful later on. If you don't have good enough spirits then level up the ones you got and try Aces and Advanced first. Novices are usually only good for sacrificing or using for collecting Spirit Points and snacks in the venues you can unlock in adventure mode. Never try Legends first. You're only wasting your time unless they are in WoL and you can manage with what you got and you're good at the game and a completionist. If you can't win with a certain character switch it.

Auto-picking spirits saves you time and if that doesn't work replace a spirit you don't want with one that suits your playstyle like using Hyper Smashes supports with Lucas or PSI Up supports with Lucas. Also spirits are usually more useful than Skill Tree stuff like you want to beat a character that uses Assist trophies use the Assist Killer support spirits and don't just go to the Skill Tree for stuff until later in the game. Also don't try mixing up your Skill Tree if you get rid of a power to get your Skill Spheres back because you might not get used to the new power and it takes a lot of time away from fighting. If you want to face the bosses just switch your character to something you like and that has projectiles because you don't get the chance to in Classic mode and you only face them once (I'm pretty sure) until you start a new game in WoL.

If you have trouble getting spirits try the spirit board since you can use all the characters you've already unlocked not just from WoL. Even if you have duplicates of spirits they are helpful later on. If you don't have good enough spirits then level up the ones you got and try Aces and Advanced first. Novices are usually only good for sacrificing or using for collecting Spirit Points and snacks in the venues you can unlock in adventure mode. Never try Legends first. You're only wasting your time unless they are in WoL and you can manage with what you got and you're good at the game and a completionist. If you can't win with a certain character switch it.

Auto-picking spirits saves you time and if that doesn't work replace a spirit you don't want with one that suits your playstyle like using Hyper Smashes supports with Lucas or PSI Up supports with Lucas. Also spirits are usually more useful than Skill Tree stuff like you want to beat a character that uses Assist trophies use the Assist Killer support spirits and don't just go to the Skill Tree for stuff until later in the game. Also don't try mixing up your Skill Tree if you get rid of a power to get your Skill Spheres back because you might not get used to the new power and it takes a lot of time away from fighting. If you want to face the bosses just switch your character to something you like and that has projectiles because you don't get the chance to in Classic mode and you only face them once (I'm pretty sure) until you start a new game in WoL.
I see that if you do manage to get a Legend Spirit, it'll be heavily beneficial to completing WoL, but I also heard that they're toughest of the tough to beat on Spirit Board. Is there any penalties for losing against them, or are they just super hard to beat? Cuz if there's penalties, I wanna what exactly I'm up against. ;w;

I see that if you do manage to get a Legend Spirit, it'll be heavily beneficial to completing WoL, but I also heard that they're toughest of the tough to beat on Spirit Board. Is there any penalties for losing against them, or are they just super hard to beat? Cuz if there's penalties, I wanna what exactly I'm up against. ;w;
There isn't in WoL (you just won't be able to move past them) but on the Spirit Board you can lose and then you might not see them on the board for a while BUT if you have the Rematch board item you can use that. Sometimes if you lose they stay on the board. Also it tells you a briefing of the effects in the battle before you play.

Back