Anybody having trouble accessing the Wii Shop Channel on Wii and Wii U?

• Thread starter Mykaelochi
  • Start date
M

Mykaelochi

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Today I'm wondering if anybody knows what could be going on in the Wii Shop Channel because I can't freaking access it on neither my Wii or Wii U. In the case of my Wii U, everything works on it except the Wii Shop Channel. My Wii on the other hand is offline now and before that happened I tried to access the Wii Shop Channel and I get error code 051330. Then I go to Wii Settings and test the connection I'm offline. So if anybody has anything they know about the Wii's internet or Wii Shop Channel it is greatly appreciated. I just want to download Star Fox 64 and other games and hopefully do a Wii to Wii U Transfer. I thank-you very much if you can help me.

I redeemed 3 download codes on the Wii Shop Channel the other day, and had no problems.

Error 051330 means that it cannot connect to your router/wireless connection, as seen here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=051330&system=Wii&locale=lang

So it's likely your router or internet connection that's the problem. If it's affecting both your Wii and Wii U, it's likely not going to be a problem with the individual console (unless they have the same exact problem, which is really unlikely), and the Wii Shop Channel still connects just fine, even after Nintendo took off multiplayer wifi on Wii/DS consoles.

I can't directly help you much, but I hope that the link I gave you (and the support website in general) helps.

If you can access your router settings, check if it is set to Channel 1 or 11. They're the ones that work best for the Wii online services.

Also make sure you aren't using that DNS setup Nintendo recommends for Wii U and 3DS connection. It isn't compatible in Wii mode.

Also make sure you aren't using that DNS setup Nintendo recommends for Wii U and 3DS connection. It isn't compatible in Wii mode.
What is that DNS setup and if I change it will I still be able to access Miiverse, Nintendo eShop and also go to the Wii Shop Channel? And can I use this DNS setup you speak of to connect my Wii to the Internet so I can get the Shop Channel? Basically what I'm trying to do is access the Wii Shop Channel on my Wii and Wii U.

What is that DNS setup and if I change it will I still be able to access Miiverse, Nintendo eShop and also go to the Wii Shop Channel? And can I use this DNS setup you speak of to connect my Wii to the Internet so I can get the Shop Channel? Basically what I'm trying to do is access the Wii Shop Channel on my Wii and Wii U.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=32007&system=Wii&locale=en_US

They are provided by google and they can sometime help if something isn't working. Not sure if it works with Wii Shop though...

Back