Anyone dare to refresh the YouTube page?

• Thread starter milesose
  • Start date
M

milesose

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
You must be wondering what the hell am I talking about. Well, my Gmail account got spammed with messages about the creepypasta of username666, a "well known" YouTube virus which in order to be summoned has you to reload the main YouTube page unlogged a few times and your computer will freak out. I tried this and after the third time the power grid got messed up and the whole block lost power. Do you dare to do this really stupid sommoning? :) Leave your opinions on hardware/electricity changing viruses and experiences with reloading.

Did you know that that is false? :D

I'm confused, it has a Youtube virus, @ErixSan what do you mean its false ?

Did you know that that is false? :D
I know :). There's also some connection w/ username666 and a video titled Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv and if you watch the full video you apperantly commit suicide. I got the name from the video "Top 22 Non Gaming Creepypasta" frop Tats TopVideos. After watching I didn't wanna live anymore for the next 2 hours.

Reactions: ErixSan
I don't know because between Gmail and Youtube there's no familiar problem caused by those tohether but if you're account is giving problem reset the password and you might be good

I have already watched this creepypasta. While it might looks like scary, it still sounds fun to do.
And anyway, it's just the background changing right, so, I have nothing to be afraid of.

I'm a little confused here. What is the story behind this and what does refreshing the main page of YT have to do with anything? I've refreshed the main page plenty of times and nothing has happened? I'm also confused why people believe you will commit suicide over watching a video? Do people really believe in this silly internet stories still?

I'm a little confused here. What is the story behind this and what does refreshing the main page of YT have to do with anything? I've refreshed the main page plenty of times and nothing has happened? I'm also confused why people believe you will commit suicide over watching a video? Do people really believe in this silly internet stories still?
Nobody does. The thought of it at midnight creeps people out, even though they know it's fake. You can watch the video, it's just 2 minutes of a blurred messed up red photo with a man with a creepy stare. :nailbiting: -written at 12 p.m. in darkness

I don't like creepypastas. They are fake, yes, but I still don't like them. Also, why is this thread in Technology Talk?

It's just spam mail, just delete it. Whenever anyone sends you an email or phone forcing you to do something just ignore it. 100.1% of the time it is false. I get a ton of spam calls on my phone everyday. 99% of the time it will be an obvious spam message and the other 1% will be a decently disguised spam message (but is still to believable). Most important rule on the Internet? Don't be gullible.

Back