Anyone else think that there should've been DS VC for 3ds instead of Wii U ?

• Thread starter 2071
  • Start date

Which seemed for the better ?

• Total voters

Hallelujah
Towns Folk
Now , when Nintendo announced that they were going to make DS games as a VC for the Wii U , it was pretty cool to see DS games comeback , but then I felt that it would've been more better if it were supposed to be for the 3ds , since most controls and stuff won't be altered . I think that the idea of playing DS games on the Wii U seemed pretty confusing with the controls and gameplay .

I can't be the only one who wanted DS games as VC for 3ds right ? ;-;
Any one else thinks so ? Or any opinions ? Share here ^_^

It makes sense for it to have been on 3DS because it's a DS game. I think that big consoles should be virtual for the Wii U like the GameCube, 64, etc.

And Gameboy, DS, should be virtual for the 3DS because we lost the Gameboy port and there are some games we can't play any more.

Reactions: 2071
While I do think that the DS games should have appeared on the 3DS eShop instead of the WiiU shop, I am not sure if it would have been possible due to the hardware limitations of the 3DS and its ability to play DS games when not using its built in DS emulator. The DS games look weird on the WiiU, anyway, which is to be expected as the DS screen is so small compared to the TV screen.

I find this really odd, and why GBA games have been put on the Wii U too. Not sure about the technical aspect, but maybe to reach different players. Good for someone who doesn't like handheld consoles / small screens to be able to play the game on the TV. I recently bought Mario and Luigi Partner's in time on Wii U, and it is odd, I find I have to use the game pad more than the TV so I can see it, I played it for a while before realising that the way the screens are displayed could be changed.

Yes! Finally, somebody who gets it! (Though I wonder if the 3DS even has enough data for a single DS emulation.)

Well, totally! I mean, the 3DS is already equipped with all the tech needed to play the DS if you bought a physical cartridge copy, but I can see how it would be more profitable for the Wii U.

It would of been better it DSVC came out for the 3ds because it fits the 3ds more than the Wii U since they are different systems and the screen is really short on the Wii U you can hardly see so yea the Wii U should of got like a GameCubeVC it would of been cool instead of the da and I bet if Nintendo did this they would win hopefully some GameCube,N64,Wii U, titles get released on the Nintendo Switch this would fit it.

It would've been nice to relive some of the most popular/iconic DS that some of us might've missed out on previously, on a console that was the successor of the DS, it makes perfect sense. I don't think DS VC suited the Wii U because the gamepad is oversized and the screen isn't fully used (in terms of pixels). Playing classic titles on the go and on the 3DS would've been ideal and fun to have. I personally missed out on some really good games and would like to pick one or two up - And I don't use my Wii U anymore so that's a no-go. xd

I think DS Virtual Consoles should be on 3DS in the first place because I think 3DS already have the things needed to run DS games properly without any problems through carts and DSiWare, even though I'm wondering how to do it without relying on memory that's reserved for DSiWare downloads, considering that it might not be enough for several bigger games like let's say, Pokémon Black 2.

Even though I don't mind that there are DS Virtual Consoles on Wii U, I think they should release it to 3DS as well, to do justice.

They should have done it on the 3ds cause it would have felt like you’re playing on an actual Ds And for the gameboy Advance you could only get them if you were an ambassador which was sad cause they made other gameboy games on the 3ds. The Wii U got gba and ds and didn’t even get any Pokémon main game virtual console which was very upsetting. But anyways yeah they should have done it on 3Ds

Back