PC Anyone know of some good 4th wall breaking games?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
So, recently I've been looking at a lot of Doki Doki Literature Club! content, and as I watched characters break the 4th wall many, many times, it got me thinking. I feel like I really want to try some games that interact with your computer, talk to the player, delete files from the game, etc. Basically, the more it interacts, the better. So, got any recommendations?

Also, I would prefer to download free games, but if there's a REALLY good one, I wouldn't mind spending some cash on it.

Baldis basics :sneaky:

Reactions: Samster
.hack is a cool hacking game that pretends it’s actually your computer.
For example, if you type/opendisk it will actually open your disk drive.
But if you say /power it just closes the game, so it doesn’t have all the power. You can’t accedentally break your pc.

undertale (the gameplay can be boring so you can see the story) the 4th wall element arent very much at first
imscared: this game requires you to do things OUTSIDE the game to advance
eternal darkness: the characters can get crazy, and maybe you can become crazy too

and at a lower level , in the tohou games (the official ones are bullet hell games mostly) the characters are aware of the real world and sometimes they seem to be aware of being in a videogames, as they are aware that their world is just fantasy

I might be late, but is never too late to recommend The Stanley Parable, great game and not too expensive in Steam

Other ones that might count are Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and Bravely Default (sort of)

I might be late, but is never too late to recommend The Stanley Parable, great game and not too expensive in Steam

Other ones that might count are Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and Bravely Default (sort of)
He has the demo for that game

I can recommend The Stanley Parable. It's not quite in the same vein as Doki Doki Literature Club but the whole thing is still a 4th wall break. It's also not free, but you can pick it up on sale for like $1.50US. (I can also brag that I got 100% Stanley Parable achievements :D)
I saw Undertale up there, and if you haven't played Undertale yet... (seriously though just try it)

Reactions: Pokeswag99
Theres a horror game i played awhile ago called IMSCARED

It was terrifying

Reactions: 28142 and AricAttack
Back