• Thread starter Adam3044
  • Start date

Did you use Swapnote with Spotpass?

• Total voters
A

Adam3044

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Hey everyone, Adam here, and I'm just curious, do you guys miss Swapnote? (Or Letterbox, if you're European.) I used to have a big group of online friends that I chatted to on Swapnote, but then Nintendo removed Spotpass functionality from the application due to an incident that occurred between two users (http://3dspedia.com/nintendo-revokes-spotpass-service-swapnote-letter-box/). Now we're stuck with the not-so-great StreetPass feature. Did anyone else out there use Swapnote? It'd be pretty cool to hear what you guys have to say about it. :thumbsup:

I've never really used Swapnote during its early days. Although I did try it once, I've never used it much on a consistent basis since I used other means of communications. However though, I still wish that the SpotPass feature was still available because Swapnote was a really fun software and without it, it just seems really boring :p

I got my 3DS late so when I got to use the feature it was already limited to Streetpass. And where I live finding other 3DS users is like finding foreign coins in your hand after going to the store.

I seen two or three others with 3DS and it's always when I leave mine at home.

Though it sucks for those who had the feature in its prime.

I've never really used Swapnote during its early days. Although I did try it once, I've never used it much on a consistent basis since I used other means of communications. However though, I still wish that the SpotPass feature was still available because Swapnote was a really fun software and without it, it just seems really boring :p
I got my 3DS late so when I got to use the feature it was already limited to Streetpass. And where I live finding other 3DS users is like finding foreign coins in your hand after going to the store.

I seen two or three others with 3DS and it's always when I leave mine at home.

Though it sucks for those who had the feature in its prime.

It sucks for me cause I had Swapnote about a month after it's release. :( Ah well, I suppose Nintendo had no choice given the circumstances they were placed in. :cat:

It sucks for me cause I had Swapnote about a month after it's release. :( Ah well, I suppose Nintendo had no choice given the circumstances they were placed in. :cat:
Yeah, I respect Nintendo's choice although it's sad for those who were innocent D': I think that I got Swapnote somewhere a few weeks before the Spotpass was disabled; I was shocked.

Yeah, I respect Nintendo's choice although it's sad for those who were innocent D': I think that I got Swapnote somewhere a few weeks before the Spotpass was disabled; I was shocked.
The only way possible now to communicate through 3DS is using the browser (which sucks, there's no denying it.) and through status messages on the friend list. :cry: (I suppose you could use Miiverse, but I'm not a huge fan.)

I never used Swapnote, although I did open it once, and that was pretty much it. After that, I never even bothered to open it again at all. I don't think there was that much to say about that application, other than to send messages and little drawings to your friends with Streetpass.

Totally miss it. Used it a lot with buddies back then.

Me and a couple of friends who owned DS's used to chat all the time using swapnote. On another note, Flipnote was/is fun too. I liked making little animations :p swapnote was really only fun when I wasn't on forum sites like this and didn't have a phone to text them with lol

Back