Anyone use Khan Academy?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
So I took an Algebra quiz earlier today, and to study, I remember I have a Khan Academy account I haven't used in a year. And I forgot how Khan Academy was really helpful. I remember in middle school that despite math was still my weakest subject, Khan Academy really helped. I think while still being on Pedia, I'll be more active with my Khan Academy account so I can get better grades. So do you guys have a Khan Academy account and are you active with it?

I had a Khan Academy account. I mostly used it for SAT prep, because I find it more useful when trying to prepare for the SAT without having to spend money on SAT prep material. I never really tried other areas but I heard a lot of good reviews about it.

I was forced to use Khan Academy during 8th grade. I haven't used it since, though. I just used the school account. I never had my own personal one and it was never really helpful to me. Sure, I could learn a bunch of stuff on there that school would never teach me, but, to be honest, there isn't a reason for me to. I understand the schoolwork well enough to not need it for that, either.

I've used Khan Academy a few times this year as last minute review since my Calc pulls teacher kind of sucks at explaining the material. I also made an account for SAT prep but I doubt I'll use it.

I've used it for about one year and then just stopped lol.

I used to use it for a while during university when I had to brush up on some of the fundamentals for the more difficult maths parts of the course. It's really useful because it had an inbuilt progression tree. I ended up starting from the very beginning of maths and working my way out to college level. It took me about a good two weeks to get up to where I was in my course, but it really helped to go through everything. I found that I no longer had to use a calculator for everything and could do most 3 digit multiplication in my head. No matter what age you are or what grade you're in, I really suggest using it just to build up yours maths skills.

Last edited:
I use it to review the stuff I learned to be prepared for a test. Because of this thing it made me a genius(Though lately I haven't used it as much) In my math class I yell I am a genius. Well almost everyone talks in my math class. I got my account 2 years ago. Also what is a SAT test, I'm still in middle school so I still take the test you have in middle school.

I use it to review the stuff I learned to be prepared for a test. Because of this thing it made me a genius(Though lately I haven't used it as much) In my math class I yell I am a genius. Well almost everyone talks in my math class. I got my account 2 years ago. Also what is a SAT test, I'm still in middle school so I still take the test you have in middle school.
The SAT test is a test that it's required in order to get accepted into many colleges. The better you do in high school, the worse the score you can get and still get accepted. You don't really need to worry about it until you're a Junior.

I've used Khan Academy plenty of times in the past. No matter your subject skill level, it's tremendously helpful, and the people who teach the concepts in each subject thoroughly explain everything, too! The most recent time I've used Khan Academy was for hour of code back in Trig, which was back in 11th. Heh, Khan Academy became a thing all because the founder's cousin needed help with math. xD

I've used Khan Academy plenty of times in the past. No matter your subject skill level, it's tremendously helpful, and the people who teach the concepts in each subject thoroughly explain everything, too! The most recent time I've used Khan Academy was for hour of code back in Trig, which was back in 11th. Heh, Khan Academy became a thing all because the founder's cousin needed help with math. xD
Yep. Khan Academy is very helpful. You can never go wrong for free, online extra help with your academics. The people are very nice and I like how there is a badge system each time you have an academic achievement on the website. It almost seems fun, in a way.

Our school has it, but all my friends just draw boats.

i have khan acadamy

I been using Khan Academy frequently lately considering that I want to learn mathematics at a slightly faster rate and go farther than what my classes have been teaching me. Mainly this endeavor is so that one day I can begin to understand things such as general relativity and quantum field theory. Basically I have a goal, which is basically to b a theoretical physicist. No sure what problem I want to work on in high energy theory but nevertheless I am persistent and enthusiastic about it.

I've used it quite a few times when researching a particular math subject a year ago. Khan Academy seemed to really explain it quite well and I like it because it is really interactive and I would see myself using it more whenever I would get stuck in a particular subject.

Back