Anyone want Call of Duty on 3ds ?

• Thread starter Gab_Vel
  • Start date
G

Gab_Vel

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Anyone wants the best shooting game on the portable 3ds. Post your thoughts here.

First of all, CoD isn't the best shooter. Secondly, 3DS isn't suited for shooters, but for platformers and RPGs. Finally, some years back, there was a port for the regular DS and it didn't sell well. I doubt there will be one for the 3DS.

Reactions: Rafasmeers
No. There is no sense in making one because there is already DS FPS games in existence that offer the same thing and they would be cheaper. There is a Call of Duty for DS as well as a Goldeneye 007 for DS as well as Metroid Prime Hunters for DS and if you are that into online shooters you've already got Metal Gear Solid , Kid Icarus Uprising, and Resident Evil for 3DS. Seriously you need to do some research if you are into that sort of thing rather than just post ideas on already existent things but I forgive you because I can explain things I haven't before. My point is there is too much competition in terms of what gamers are looking for and the audience is just not there or at least enough to make a game before it because it's already been done and done to death because of the ability of using a stylus can be more convenient for some gamer but for most the PC shooter/Steam game audience already gets what they want on consoles and because they stay inside all the time there's almost no use for them to get one for the 3DS unless there are good reviews on it. If it was good enough maybe in a few years or so but right now they know what they are doing and stick to just the console and PC basics. If you really want a shooter or a low resolution one find Faceball 2000 for Game Boy and find a cheap 3rd party console that plays SNES games and a Super Game Boy (the SNES Cartridge that reads GB games and gives them color) and see how you like that because it is a very kid friendly game.

I know it isnt the best best shotting games but it is good and many people play it. The one that was on the ds was good to me. Me and my brother had fun playing it. Maybe it would be fun to have it on the 3ds, even if the game almost has the same graphics as the ds it still would be fun.

I know it isnt the best best shotting games but it is good and many people play it. The one that was on the ds was good to me. Me and my brother had fun playing it. Maybe it would be fun to have it on the 3ds, even if the game almost has the same graphics as the ds it still would be fun.

If you just want a shooter for the 3DS, get something like Resident Evil: Revelations. Cheap, good graphics, multiplayer and enjoyable.

I know I know but maybe its more fun having the actual call of duty series on the 3ds. Just my opinion :p

Naah :p I doubt that it'll do good on the 3ds platform >.< There's plenty of other good shooters already :3

Nah... Shooters in general on the 3ds are absolutely horrible, all of them suck. Maybe a retro style would be ok? I think that that call of duty is better suited on consoles anyways, it only came on the vita because it was powerful enough, the vita has the strength of the gamecube practically, maybe even close to an xbox 360, so that's why its on it. The 3ds hardware is outdated now, so it can not do these types of games well

3DS isn't good for shooters, even the New 3DS. I find it hard playing Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater even with C- Stick. And remember Call of duty Black ops on then DS, yeah that was horrible. And I don't think they will ever port Call of duty to a handheld system ever again...

3DS isn't good for shooters, even the New 3DS. I find it hard playing Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater even with C- Stick. And remember Call of duty Black ops on then DS, yeah that was horrible. And I don't think they will ever port Call of duty to a handheld system ever again...
Yeah, agreed. The vita version was ok though

It seems like I'm the only one who agrees with you OP. I love Call of Duty and have almost every one of them. I've played Call of Duty MW2 and Black Ops on the DS and enjoyed them, especially the online multiplayer. So if you ask me, it can be done better on the 3DS, even better on the New 3DS. And the only shooter for the 3DS I can compare to Call Of Duty is Ironfall, and that game got removed. There's Battleminer which is $8 and has multiplayer. But I love I love the war theme and gunplay of CoD and Ironfall. I have no idea how these people can say that if you want your fill, then play Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus: Uprising or Metal Gear Solid 3D. If anything, they just need another company that can make the game better rather than going with N-Space again. I'm with you, man.

I enjoy Call of Duty but I don't think it would fit well on 3DS. I haven't played any of the DS Call of Duty's but I really can't imagine they're very good.

If you just want a shooter for the 3DS, get something like Resident Evil: Revelations. Cheap, good graphics, multiplayer and enjoyable.

You do realize that Resident Evil and Call of Duty are NOTHING alike other than having guns, right? Man.

No. There is no sense in making one because there is already DS FPS games in existence that offer the same thing and they would be cheaper. There is a Call of Duty for DS as well as a Goldeneye 007 for DS as well as Metroid Prime Hunters for DS and if you are that into online shooters you've already got Metal Gear Solid , Kid Icarus Uprising, and Resident Evil for 3DS. Seriously you need to do some research if you are into that sort of thing rather than just post ideas on already existent things but I forgive you because I can explain things I haven't before. My point is there is too much competition in terms of what gamers are looking for and the audience is just not there or at least enough to make a game before it because it's already been done and done to death because of the ability of using a stylus can be more convenient for some gamer but for most the PC shooter/Steam game audience already gets what they want on consoles and because they stay inside all the time there's almost no use for them to get one for the 3DS unless there are good reviews on it. If it was good enough maybe in a few years or so but right now they know what they are doing and stick to just the console and PC basics. If you really want a shooter or a low resolution one find Faceball 2000 for Game Boy and find a cheap 3rd party console that plays SNES games and a Super Game Boy (the SNES Cartridge that reads GB games and gives them color) and see how you like that because it is a very kid friendly game.

Don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with this lmfao

You do realize that Resident Evil and Call of Duty are NOTHING alike other than having guns, right? Man.
When did I ever say they are the same? I just said that if it's all about having FPS games on the 3DS, then there are already some that do a decent job at that. CoD simply wouldn't feel like CoD on 3DS.

When did I ever say they are the same? I just said that if it's all about having FPS games on the 3DS, then there are already some that do a decent job at that. CoD simply wouldn't feel like CoD on 3DS.

Ah true, you never specifically said that. But you used Resident Evil as an example for a game that could fill the Call of Duty void. Which is ridiculous. Also Resident Evil isn't an FPS (not sure if you're implying that is, just making sure my bases are covered here).

And I agree. Call of Duty would be terrible on 3DS.

Ah true, you never specifically said that. But you used Resident Evil as an example for a game that could fill the Call of Duty void. Which is ridiculous. Also Resident Evil isn't an FPS (not sure if you're implying that is, just making sure my bases are covered here).

And I agree. Call of Duty would be terrible on 3DS.
As someone who has played two of the CoD games on the DS, I can tell you personally that Call Of Duty on the DS wasn't terrible. More or less, it's plays like the game has and online play was fun as heck. The game is probably 10 bucks in some retailers, just putting it out there. It may seem difficult at first but it is easy to get used to. And as I said before, Ironfall is game also a great game to get as it's just like Gears of War as they say and is perhaps a great shooter to play if CoD is your thing.

As someone who has played two of the CoD games on the DS, I can tell you personally that Call Of Duty on the DS wasn't terrible. More or less, it's plays like the game has and online play was fun as heck. The game is probably 10 bucks in some retailers, just putting it out there. It may seem difficult at first but it is easy to get used to. And as I said before, Ironfall is game also a great game to get as it's just like Gears of War as they say and is perhaps a great shooter to play if CoD is your thing.

IronFall Invasion was removed from the eShop though wasn't it? Because it got hacked. Unless they put it back up.

IronFall Invasion was removed from the eShop though wasn't it? Because it got hacked. Unless they put it back up.
If you downloaded it before but don't have it now, you can redownload it. I just did it a few minutes.

Back