1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Anyone willing to help me make a translation patch for Mhxx Switch?

Discussion in 'Monster Hunter' started by coolflare, Jan 5, 2018.

1. coolflare

coolflare The flame of wonder and coolness Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    57 coins
    If you don’t know, Monster Hunter XX is an expansion to MH generations (or MhX in Japan). I know a translation patch on the 3ds version exists but not on the switch. I couldn’t find anyone that can help me in GBA Temp so anyone that think they can help, plz comment or PM me. Thanks!
  2. D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon Lemon Dragon 3DS Pedia Contributor

Play Coins:
    128 coins
    Yes, because, unlike the Switch, the 3DS has something called HANS which is used via the Homebrew Launcher to apply RomFS patches to games (e. g. translations / cosmetic changes). The Switch, however, is too secure for now, and only 3.0.0 and lower versions have access to an Homebrew Launcher (that's pretty much in beta/alpha state), and even then, there's no homebrew that allow game RomFS patching like the 3DS did.

So, I'd also like a translation for it, but I think you'll get the same answer everywhere: it's not technically possible yet. Best you can do is use kiranico, or do the translation with paper for now, while waiting for "official" translation tools / software.