Anyone willing to help me make a translation patch for Mhxx Switch?

• Thread starter coolflare
  • Start date
coolflare

coolflare

The flame of wonder and coolness
Towns Folk
If you don’t know, Monster Hunter XX is an expansion to MH generations (or MhX in Japan). I know a translation patch on the 3ds version exists but not on the switch. I couldn’t find anyone that can help me in GBA Temp so anyone that think they can help, plz comment or PM me. Thanks!

If you don’t know, Monster Hunter XX is an expansion to MH generations (or MhX in Japan). I know a translation patch on the 3ds version exists but not on the switch. I couldn’t find anyone that can help me in GBA Temp so anyone that think they can help, plz comment or PM me. Thanks!

Yes, because, unlike the Switch, the 3DS has something called HANS which is used via the Homebrew Launcher to apply RomFS patches to games (e. g. translations / cosmetic changes). The Switch, however, is too secure for now, and only 3.0.0 and lower versions have access to an Homebrew Launcher (that's pretty much in beta/alpha state), and even then, there's no homebrew that allow game RomFS patching like the 3DS did.

So, I'd also like a translation for it, but I think you'll get the same answer everywhere: it's not technically possible yet. Best you can do is use kiranico, or do the translation with paper for now, while waiting for "official" translation tools / software.

Back