sniper
252 hp, 100 spd, 52 def, sp. Atk, & sp. Def
draco meteor, scald, flash cannon, focus energy

Nova (charizard (f)) @ charizardite x
jolly
tough claws
252 spd, 200 atk, 44 hp, 8 def & sp. Def
flare blitz, steel wing, dragon claw, dragon dance

sorry I had to present it in two posts, my phone doesn't like me making really long posts.

I'll go through and mark changes on each pkmn one by one

Garchomp @Choice Scarf
Jolly/Adamant
Rough skin
252 Atk,
252 Spe, 4 HP
Iron Head, Outrage, Earthquake, Stone Edge

Lucario @Life Orb
Modest
Justified
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
Aura sphere, Flash Cannon, Dragon Pulse, Psychic/Shadow Ball

Aegislash @Weakness Policy
Brave
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def.
Swords Dance, Head Smash, Sacred Sword, King's Shield

Lapras @Leftovers
Bold
Hydration
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk
Rain Dance, Freeze Dry, Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse

Kingdra
(Fine as is i guess)

Charizard @Charizardite X
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz
Outrage
Shadow Claw

Might use that garchomp when I challenge the gym leaders here, since it looks like they've all banned sand veil. I might do rocky helmet and dragon rush instead of choice scarf and outrage.

I'm not too sure about life orb unless the holder's ability is sheer force: for a slightly higher multiplier than a plate would give, every move becomes a recoil move. That's a little dangerous without a healing move. Do you have a female lucario with justified that I can borrow? I don't have a riolu safari.

If I'm dropping any move on aegislash, it'd have to be head smash: at only 167 hp, it can't handle that much recoil. I also forgot to mention its speed iv is 0.
(next post)

Dragon pulse might have more neutral typing, psychic has more power and counters fighting types that could really hurt laparas, especially if you make it a special tank. Fighting is a physical heavy type, haveing only 3 special attacks (ignoreing secret arts), so the opponent might throw in a fighting type hoping to kill it fast.

Someone on here said that a charizard's most important stat is speed, so I probably won't be changing natures. Outrage doesn't seem like a good idea on it. Steel wing is on it to counter rock types, which are still a bad thing for it to face, even after dropping its flying half.

Since a person already mentioned the right sets that those mons usually use, ima just give my assessment on ur team. My opinion can be wrong so feel free to ignore whatever u disagree with. Before I start, just wanna let u know tht some gyms and other wifi battlers follow smogon rules usually, so aegislash is a uber and considered banned pokemon but check their lists just in case. The first thing I notice about your team is that it is very slow. Since you mentioned you wanna use defensive garchomp, not alot of your pokemon will be outspeeding. I suggest you add some more fast pokemon as revenge killers or other offensive threats. Also, make your fast pokemon jolly/timid, ur mons need as much speed as it can get. In ur team, ur ace seems to be Mega zard x, so with no alot of reliable pivots, it will be hard to set up and get the sweep u want. One important thing you dont have on this team is a rapid spinner or defoger to remove hazards. Ur team defintley doesnt appreciate hazards, especially mega zard x. A simple solution I can offer you is switch kingdra for starmie. Starmie is a huge offensive presense with a very high speed stat and gets rapid spin. Again, just suggesting and doesnt need to be followed. To be more honest, i think ur team doesnt bring a huge offensive presense and lacks a defensive presense as well. This team is very vulnerable to fast sweeping mons, so this must be taken into consideration as well. You cant really set up with mega zard x if you dont get the chance right? I know that you have aegislash to set up with as well but first, smogon bans it and second, it has the same reasons for not being as reliable as mega zard x. Again, this is just an opinion so if you disagree with any of what I said, then that is fine. Hope this helps though.

What exactly makes aegislash an uber? It doesn't really seem all that strong, and taunt seems to be an easy way to deal with its stance changing (My phone isn't compatable with the smogen site). I myself don't really play bysmogen rules mainly because I disagree with a few of the clauses, particularly evasion and 1 hit ko.

dunno i just abide by it and how do u disagree with 1 hit ko and evasion clause? it is broken

Under certain conditions, they're broken. Anymore than +1 evade is when you start to miss a lot, yet the clause allows the abilities with item, which is the same as +1 evade with a little extra. I actually do agree evasion can be broken, but you have to raise it 2 or 3 times before it really gets there. As for 1hko, the extremely low accuracy is its check: it's so unreliable that I actually rarely use one. But if it does hit, there's no wall that can stop it.

What exactly makes aegislash an uber? It doesn't really seem all that strong, and taunt seems to be an easy way to deal with its stance changing (My phone isn't compatable with the smogen site). I myself don't really play bysmogen rules mainly because I disagree with a few of the clauses, particularly evasion and 1 hit ko.
The main reason is being able to completely swap both attacks and defenses stats by changing forme. Another thing is that by making aegislash as slow as possible you will end up only taking hits in defense mode, which commonly is supported by Leftovers and King Shield. Most OU Pokemon are unable to get past Aegislash's Stance Change technique so it was sent to Uber to balance the metagame

Guess not a lot of ous use taunt or trick room, then, because both of those shut it down really fast: taunt stops support moves, which prevent it from going into sheild forme. And trick room makes it go first, which means, if you survive the hit, it takes the hit in blade forme, which has no defense.

I've made a few changes to this team. First, I'm dropping garchomp, aegislash, laparas, and kingdra. This team was kinda built around sandstorm, so without garchomp, my options are a bit more open. I think I will run life orb on the lucario. I've been messing with it, and its recoil isn't as bad as I thought. On charizard, I think I'll replace steel wing with either earthquake or roost: I finally was able to see what smogen recomends for its sets, and both of those sound like better ideas. Now for wha I'm bringing in:
Greninja
Modest
Protean
252sp. Atk & spd, 4 hp
Water pulse, ice beam, extrasensory, gunk shot
This or lucario needs an alternate item because the game won' t let you have two life orbs. Maybe assault vest because neither have support moves.
Serperior
Calm
Contrary
252 hp, 200 sp. Def, 44 spd, rest split between def & sp. Atk
Leaf storm, leaf tornado, wring out, dragon pulse
Don't know what item to put on it. I'd like to avoid choice items if at all possible
I'll put a rapid spinning excadrill on the team: it feels like a wasted attack on starmie unless you make it pure utility. I don't know anything aboit rxcadrill, though, and I don't feel like going to bulbapedia right now, so anyone have suggestions?
I don't really know of a sixth for this team, any suggestions are welcome, but let's avoid legendaries unless you're willing to sell it to me.

Back