Breath of the Wild Aonuma: Zelda U will feature more than just single player

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
According to Ign,:
Legendary Zelda developer Eiji Aonuma has said the next entry in the franchise will offer "more than just a single-player experience", leading to speculation multiplayer could soon appear in the franchise.

Speaking to Game Informer to promote the upcoming release of Hyrule Warriors, the video game veteran was asked whether the co-op gameplay in Dynasty Warriors' spin-off would be replicated in the next entry in the main series.
"The two-player functionality of Hyrule Warriors is actually something that has traditionally been done in the Dynasty Warriors series, but they’ve changed because of the hardware and the second screen on your GamePad," he said. "Instead of having a splitscreen on the television, you have one-player playing on the television and one on the GamePad.

"When I was talking back about making Zelda more than just a single-player experience? That’s something you will see in the future, maybe next year."
Aonuma leaves the rest of the answer shrouded in mystery.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the new Zelda for the Wii U will feature multiplayer? Do you think it should be implemented? Let me know in the replies below.
source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/23/will-the-legend-of-zelda-on-wii-u-introduce-multiplayer

With the new Hyrule Warriors game featuring multiplayer, I wouldn't be surprised if Aonuma is pushing for more connectivity features in the new Zelda game. I'd really like to see some of these multiplayer features as long as it isn't overdone. After all, at its core, I think Zelda is and will always be a single player experience.

Back