Apparently Mario was abusing Yoshi.

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Heyo everybody! Samster here, with something very concerning.

Mario is seen as a completely family friendly game. It’s super fun, and even challenging at times. Let’s go back to a certain game in particular, Super Mario World. Now, you may recall that when Yoshi fires his tongue out, it looked like Mario was punching Yoshi in the back of the head, due to the nature of the 2D graphics. This led to many discussions about whether he was abusing Yoshi. Turns out, that’s exactly what he was doing. Shigefumi Hino confirmed in an interview that Mario was indeed punching Yoshi in the head, causing Yoshi to spit out his tongue in shock.

Honestly, this just makes everything look so twisted beneath the surface in the Mario universe. How do you feel about this shocking truth? .-.

I mean, is this really that suprising? Mario is incredibly horrible towards all Yoshi's anyway. Dropping them into lava, dropping into pits of bad things, jumping right onto their backs from many different heights (That must really hurt ;-;), forces Yoshi to constantly eat food and on and on and on.

PETA must hate mario even more at this point :redpanda: I wonder if they'll make a new game based on mario and over-do everything and complain about mistreatment of Yoshi's :redpanda:

Reactions: EnderLord and Samster
Wait, that was actually true? Nintendo shouldn't have said that, now people are gonna get mad at them 0_O

Let's face it, we all knew it was happening. Mario drops baby penguins off of cliffs for goodness sake!

But what's very strange to me is how Nintendo actually confirmed that Mario is abusive to Yoshi. I mean, we all know that Mario is very violent and will sacrifice Yoshi just for that extra jump height, but nobody knew whether or not the punch on the head was intentional or not. Nintendo confirming it is in my eyes, a big mistake. Since Nintendo's primary audience is kids, Nintendo just admitted that one of their characters is abusive to a certain dinosaur, which might push away previous customers who support animals rights. Surely the amount of customers lost will be negligible, but still...

Then again, most people probably don't care anyways...

Reactions: EnderLord
This is a fantasy world where it's okay and not really fleshed out when it comes to torture or death. Sort of like how Pokémon Red/Blue had Cool Trainers with whips where there's not a whipping animation but you can still imagine it. It goes to show the game is more about getting past a level rather than torturing Bowser after you get Peach.

Close. Mario was ORIGINALLY supposed to punch Yoshi, but they changed it so that he just points forward.
Here's an archived Supper Mario Broth post to prove my point.

Reactions: Duffy and EnderLord
Back