Apple's first free major OS upgrade.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

OS X Mavericks
Apple released the 10th major upgrade of its OS X Mac operating system, Mavericks, at the unveiling of its new iPad Air and MacBooks yesterday.

Since then, OS X Mavericks has been available as a free download from the Mac App Store.

Here are some of the new feautures Mavericks upgrade provides:

It makes your battery last longer.
The goal of Mavericks was to extend the battery life of Apple computers, and to this end, the upgrade includes technologies that save energy, reduce power consumption, and automatically compress inactive data to boost performance.

iBooks and other new software
Mavericks includes a Mac version of an app that lets users organize and read e-books, but had previously been available only on mobile devices.

New organizational tools
Users can now use a feature called Finder Tabs to combine multiple windows into a single window with multiple tabs. Users can also “tag” files with keywords to make it quicker and easier to search for them later.
apple.jpg

Mmm... I will keep using Windows...

Reactions: 532
Same here, I'm not a Mac fan really, I rather my Windows 7

Same here, I'm not a Mac fan really, I rather my Windows 7

Still, Apple's OS are a lot more optimized, but there is a big lack of hardware and software support (and/or drivers). (Actually Linux is on second place and Windows in first)
Also, the "no virus thing" is a lie :p

Reactions: Reece
Still, Apple's OS are a lot more optimized, but there is a big lack of hardware and software support (and/or drivers). (Actually Linux is on second place and Windows in first)
Also, the "no virus thing" is a lie :p
There is no actual way to get around a common computer virus right ?
I would have guess that Windows is first, I rather Windows over the other computer publishers.

There is no actual way to get around a common computer virus right ?
I would have guess that Windows is first, I rather Windows over the other computer publishers.

Exactly. Apple's OS doesn't have too much viruses, but they exist.

I dont really like Mavericks as much as I should. There wasnt to much of a difference between Mavericks and Mountian Lion. In the end it was sorta waste of a few hours.

Would be nice to have a Mac, seeing as Windows 8 is garbage. Oh well. :(

Reactions: Reece
Would be nice to have a Mac, seeing as Windows 8 is garbage. Oh well. :(

Windows 8 is garbage, but Windows 8.1 isn't, since we got the "Start" Button back into the bottom-left corner ! And W8.1 is free too, if you have Win8 on your computer. (That's what I have done with my laptop)
And more, Apple making a free update... Only if you have the 1299€ (Price in France) to buy a Mac. Still a great initiative though, if you judge the prices of everything that is Apple-related.

Apple is so overpriced. They should have never charged for updates, with their prices.

Apple is so overpriced. They should have never charged for updates, with their prices.
Yes , Exactly , a Windows 7 computer here costs around $500 - $2000 but the lowest price you could get for the lowest quality of a mac laptop costs around $1300 - $3000 here xD

This upgrade seems interesting if i've still had my Macbook i would upgrade.

Back