Arc of Alchemist for the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Arc of Alchemist is coming to the Nintendo Switch in early 2020 on January 30th, 2020.

The game is a desert-filled RPG where you'll be wielding the elements of the Lunagear to save the world. Players will be able to choose from 7+ playable characters to use during the gameplay, which is much more than the single Quinn Bravesford from the Japanese release. The game is set to release in North America and Europe. No known price yet.

The game's story:
Enter the desert in search of the key to save humanity – the Great Power. One year, the king declared that he would send a large-scale investigation team to the Desert of Beginnings.

Chosen to captain this mission, Quinn Bravesford leads her soldiers into battle against a swath of enemy nations for the sake of her kingdom. Quinn gazes at the ancient alchemic device, the Lunagear, within her hand. According to the legends of yore, once the Lunagear is equipped with the four Orbs, it will unlock the Great Power that will save humanity. Only one Orb resides in Quinn's Lunagear. Collecting the four Orbs for the Lunagear, however, is a mere legend.

With the threat of dangerous creatures and Machine Dolls wandering the desert, one of the enemy nations, the Principality of Neuhaven, has dispatched their military in search of the Great Power. Now, Quinn and her band of allies must fight against the Principality of Neuhaven in hopes to find the Great Power and save humanity. Quinn steels herself, but even so, she can't help but doubt the existence of the Great Power…

Some screenshots can be found below:

VVuGUDj.png

00jPNir.png

d9VIrWF.png

New Trailer:

What do you think about the game so far?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dagon_Lovecraft
Turn based or action RPG? If it's the latter it doesn't look half bad.

Turn based or action RPG? If it's the latter it doesn't look half bad.
Action:

Looks a little lacking but nothing too bad to turn it down.

The action/travelling looks slow and not too many variations in attacks. The platforming/maybe puzzle aspect looks really basic. I wish they showed more variety in the trailer.

I've updated the first post with a new trailer:

We also have a release date. It's January 30th, 2020. Smart! Not too close to Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Bloody hell I aint seen forced steampunk as much as this before. Got a gap in the UI? Gears. Need an idea for items? Gears. Need a bit of detail? Metal looking pumps n stuff and don't forget more gears. That is just also a really damn cluttered UI, and from what I've seen of the menus, they don't look much better either.

I think that'd just constantly annoy the hell out of me tbh lol. I might give it a skip.

I might give it a skip.
I read a review from this person who basically trashed on it. Then someone I know commented on the review and said they really enjoyed the game, so idk what to think now.

Being playing for 8 hours and the game gets better the more you play it.
You need to build and expand your own base and the characters will have more combos and better weapons while they level up.

I think is a good game that people stopped playing because is not "super easy".

If you like PS2 era arpgs you'll like this one!

P.S: also I read a reviewer saying the game is short and that he finished the game in 6 hours and I truly don't know how he did this.

There's 5 big areas on the game and plenty of character events.

Reactions: Marc
Back