Are Mario Games Getting Easier With Each New Game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Back in the good ol' days, jumping over one of those holes from the first Super Mario Bros. was one of the toughest things to do. Do you remember the wider than average holes? (2-3 blocks instead of 1). Yeah...

Do you think Mario games are getting easier and easier with every new release?

Reactions: Flarence
I don't know about easier. Maybe it's the fact that we now have more button options and the movements of characters is a lot more advanced. It was more difficult to move the game characters back in the day. #BlastFromThePast

Yes, they are. But then again, all games are getting easier with each new release. Developers try to make games more accessible to widen the market for video games; whether or not their approach is right depends on individual opinion. Personally, I feel that most of the time they tone down the difficulty too much.
One of the reason Mario games, and basically all games, were harder back then was to make them last longer. If their difficulty was by today's general standards, they would take about six minutes to beat.
Of course, ChiefKeef is right too. Also, some NES games had glitches that made them impossibly hard too. Donkey Kong Jr. for the NES is an example, where you can die for no reason while jumping from the lower platforms in the second level unless you're lucky. My favourite is this though :p
(Overshot it and .... oh damn) :hilarious:
uncaptioned-Q8dERHQ-b9Vs.gif

Yes, they are. But then again, all games are getting easier with each new release. Developers try to make games more accessible to widen the market for video games; whether or not their approach is right depends on individual opinion. Personally, I feel that most of the time they tone down the difficulty too much.
One of the reason Mario games, and basically all games, were harder back then was to make them last longer. If their difficulty was by today's general standards, they would take about six minutes to beat.
Of course, ChiefKeef is right too. Also, some NES games had glitches that made them impossibly hard too. Donkey Kong Jr. for the NES is an example, where you can die for no reason while jumping from the lower platforms in the second level unless you're lucky. My favourite is this though :p
(Overshot it and .... oh damn) :hilarious:
uncaptioned-Q8dERHQ-b9Vs.gif

Good points.

At least for the some of the games now, we can select difficult levels.

Yeah, older customers tend to want the games to be harder, but the main audience for them are the younger kids, which is why most games are not too hard and not too easy, possible moderate.

I don't think difficulty is getting easier but our skills at the games.

Take a Mario activist who started playing the first game released as a kid. As your grow, naturally your going to get better at it as time goes.

Now, for me, they're getting more difficult. >.<

Well, we get more control over the characters, as previously stated. I do think that they toned down the difficultly of the games though, that's partly why I don't really enjoy/play Mario games much. It's just too simple and easy, I guess it's a good game for uprising gamers, but it doesn't truly fill my tastes. ~

It's not easy, we're just getting older! :D The games were hard when we were kids and they're still hard for KIDS! xD

Reactions: Flarence and Marc
Yeah, they are getting easier and easier each game. I don't mind if they're hard or easy, though. I still enjoy me a Mario game.

Yeah, Mario games are easier now. You can enjoy them, but the game experience itself...

I'm a Mario veteran so of course the games are easy. However, my cousin, who was 9 at the time, Game Overed several times on some of the earliest levels of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. At some point he pretty much had the Super Guide on speed dial.

Some of them are getting easier but not all of them. I think a lot of people are mistaking their own skills improving for games getting easier. After you play similar Mario games for so long you are going to naturally find them easier. Take the Super Mario Galaxy series for example, those games certainly aren't easier. :p

To me I think its getting harder, like the Super Mario Galaxy, that game was fun but very challenging and Super Mario 3D Land looks hard (I never played it but saw plenty Youtube gameplay videos). I played New Super Mario Bros. (DS) and that game was hard (to me). I haven't play New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3ds but I hope that I can someday :), anyways I think the games are getting harder, but that's a good thing, its challenging.

For every mario game that comes out it will not be easy, it will get harder. When i play super mario 3d land from the beginning of the game it get's easy, but half way of the game it get's harder. My opinion I would say mario games are not easy.

Yes, I do feel that Mario games are getting a little easier now then they were back then. I think the sole reason is that Nintendo wants to attract younger kids to buy their games. They wouldn't want to make them to hard to where they don't want to play it at all, so they make the game pretty easy.

Some Mario games were harder back in the days when I was a child but yeah too some games have been getting a little easier now and some a little harder but one thing is for sure is that the villains are getting even harder to beat.

Back