Are there any 3DS Games You Would Recommend?

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
My birthday is coming up soon and I'm looking for something to try out. Here's my list of 3DS games I've got so far:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance
Final Fantasy Explorers
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Pokemon Sun
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I'm also thinking I might need something for potentially long drives, since me and my family are moving a great distance.

So far I've got my eye on Fire Emblem Fates and Kid Icarus, Professor Layton also doesn't look like too bad of a choice either.

So what do you all think?

Reactions: Sunny_Meows and Samster
I see no Fire Emblem game there :eyes2:

I would get Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Fates to start. It's older so you might get it for a much cheaper price and still have enough to get another 3DS game.

If you can find Tales of the Abyss at a store, that's another good game. Old too, so you might get it cheap.

If you're into visual novels or you're curious about them, give Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward a shot.

If you want a game that feels like Pokemon but for grown-ups, definitely give Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker a try. It has a lot of content. If you like it, you can also try Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Aura Knight
Well there's plenty of games for the 3ds that are great.

For starters Kid Icarus Uprising is an awesome game. The controls are a bit weird but the story and characters are phenomial. If you can get past the controls the combat is pretty good too. The one thing I will say though is that it is probably not great to play in the car though as the way the camera moves would definitely cause me to get motion sick while playing. I mean if that's not an issue you face however than it's certainly a good one. I would recommend you play with headphones or something then though as the voices and constant dialogue are a really great aspect of the game and is something that you will want to listen to.

Like @Marc said FE is pretty good. Not my favorite RPGS (I like pokemon and Xenoblade 2 better) however I find both FEA and FE Fates to be fun, challenging, and have compelling stories. The waifu thing is a little weird especially in Fates but you don't need to have any character marry each other so yeah.

What else....

OOT3d (Ocarina of Time 3d). I highly recommend this game. If you don't know it's the prequel to majora's mask and to me is one of the best games I have ever played. The story and the storytelling are absolutely phenomial, great and likeable characters, fun diverse and challenging dungeons (with the exception of the water temple). Also one thing I love is that they managed to make a zelda game intended for 10 year olds depressing and melancholy. In short if you have not played OOT I would like into obtaining this game.

Also Mario Kart 7 is pretty fun. While the character selection is pretty mediocre at best the race tracks are pretty good. There's not much else to say here honestly.

Smash 3ds is an option... but I mean if you have smash ultimate (or even smash Wii U) there's no real reason to get it. I stopped playing smash 3ds as soon as smash Wii U came out.

Also Mario & Luigi Bowser's inside story + Bowser Minions. I have not played this version but I have played the original and it's really really good. The bosses and enemies are challenging and pretty cool honestly. Fawful is a great and hilarious villain. Luigi provides great comic relief in that Mario pretty much has to force him to fight every single boss (which is quite hilarious actually). Also you can play as bowser!

On that same note Superstar Saga is apparently good although I haven't played it.

Metroid Samus Returns. It's hard to really explain why this game is good, but I personally liked it a lot. The combat is great, the level of progression is so satisfying as you slowly obtain stronger and better weapons. Even at the end with all these upgrades the game actually still manages to be hard. There's an ability that's let you view parts of the map and what blocks are breakable in the area you are in in case you get stuck. There's just a lot to like here.

But yeah I mean the 3ds has a great library of games despite not being that relevant any more so there's plenty of stuff you can try and play on that road trip!

Also don't forget that the 3ds can also play DS games, so that's a whole other can of worms to explore.

Reactions: Aura Knight
My birthday is coming up soon and I'm looking for something to try out. Here's my list of 3DS games I've got so far:

Final Fantasy Explorers
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Sun
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I'm also thinking I might need something for potentially long drives, since me and my family are moving a great distance.

So far I've got my eye on Fire Emblem Fates and Kid Icarus, Professor Layton also doesn't look like too bad of a choice either.

YOU DON’T HAVE OOT YET?! ;~;

Firstly, get Ocarina of Time 3D, that game is amazing as freak. Second, go for Professor Layton. That’s honestly one of the best puzzle games I’ve ever played in my entire life.

This one is kinda controversial, but I really enjoyed Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. It felt like a super duper fun experience, and I must’ve beaten it at least five times now. I would recommend highly, however it’s not everybody’s cup of tea. And if you decide against this, Dream Team is an amazing experience as well ^^

Lastly, you have to get ACNL (surprised that wasn’t on the list yet, tbh). Quite possibly the best 3DS game I’ve ever played, and everyone I’ve ever known had a blast with it.

Now that I’ve shared some recommendations, let me help you on what NOT to ask for:

Mario Party: Island Tour (was never really that fun of a game, imo)
Mario Party: Star Rush (Just an utter failure among the community)
Minecraft (cause my god, the frame rate is terrible, and they never updated the game after release)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force (Just don’t. Please, just don’t even go near this thing.)

So, that’s just for starters. I’ll edit this post when I think of more :p Hope this helps! :D

i will say ones that werent said yet
the shin megami tensei games are good, my favourites from the 3ds are the devil survivor ones, i think these days some of them are cheaper than when they were released in the eshop

in the eshop you can also get "the legend of the dark witch" games, those are platformers, and like with megaman, you get the bosses abilities when you defeat them,

Like @Marc said FE is pretty good. Not my favorite RPGS (I like pokemon and Xenoblade 2 better) however I find both FEA and FE Fates to be fun, challenging, and have compelling stories. The waifu thing is a little weird especially in Fates but you don't need to have any character marry each other so yeah.
you are maybe the first person who i have seen saying that FE fates history is compelling withouth being sarcasm
plot wise fates is a mess, but i like the gameplay more than awakening ,however awakening has a decent plot, maybe it isnt the best plot in fire emblem, but its nice

but the problem with fates was that it tried to mimic the success of awakening withouth undertanding why it succeeded and i hope it doesnt happen again with tree houses

echoes has the best plot of the 3ds FE games but the gameplay... i liked it but there is also people that didnt liked it, i think one must play it by itself to judge

@eonia well let me be clear. Yes the plot of Fates is mediocre at best and is the one part that truly fails in comparison but awakening. However what makes the plot compelling for me is how the characters react to the situations they are thrown too.

WARNING SPOILERS FOR FATES AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

To me the biggest example of this comes at the end of birthright, where Corrin is forced to kill Xandar in order to advance to the king. Despite Corrin begging Xandar to let him pass Xandar stands his ground and says that he must defend the king with his life as he is his father. The best two deaths in this game come in this scene as the little sister ends up getting herself killed trying to stop the two from fighting in the first place. Xandar's dialogue when he dies is the best dialogue in the game in my opinion. On his deathbed he tells Corrin that he was lucky to have such a choice. He was lucky to be able to take a side in this onslaught of a war and bring an end to it. Unfortunately Xandar was not allowed such a choice. Such examples of this is truly why I felt compelled to keep playing the story. From what I played in conquest it's no different. Despite being asked to slaughter people in order to fullfill the goals of Nohr Corrin makes sure to not kill anybody in the process. Even when he is forced to kill people (like the tribe of fox people for example) Corrin shows nothing but regret. To me that is what make Fates interesting. I guess that's just me though.

@eonia well let me be clear. Yes the plot of Fates is mediocre at best and is the one part that truly fails in comparison but awakening. However what makes the plot compelling for me is how the characters react to the situations they are thrown too.

WARNING SPOILERS FOR FATES AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

To me the biggest example of this comes at the end of birthright, where Corrin is forced to kill Xandar in order to advance to the king. Despite Corrin begging Xandar to let him pass Xandar stands his ground and says that he must defend the king with his life as he is his father. The best two deaths in this game come in this scene as the little sister ends up getting herself killed trying to stop the two from fighting in the first place. Xandar's dialogue when he dies is the best dialogue in the game in my opinion. On his deathbed he tells Corrin that he was lucky to have such a choice. He was lucky to be able to take a side in this onslaught of a war and bring an end to it. Unfortunately Xandar was not allowed such a choice. Such examples of this is truly why I felt compelled to keep playing the story. From what I played in conquest it's no different. Despite being asked to slaughter people in order to fullfill the goals of Nohr Corrin makes sure to not kill anybody in the process. Even when he is forced to kill people (like the tribe of fox people for example) Corrin shows nothing but regret. To me that is what make Fates interesting. I guess that's just me though.
itn birthrigh corrin doesnt care about the enemy soldiers its feels "hypocrite" how in consquest he does every he can to not kill anyone but in brithring he simply doesnt care
there is also other more moments of stupidity in the stories
in general: "my father is not evil event if i have seen him doing evil things ", this last longer depending on the route and "
birthriht: xander, instead of doing what her sister wish, he simply let himself be killed ,also,elise death felt forced for the sake of drama
also azura: "leo, im gonna give you this magic ball, see what it can show only by youself, and do not show to anyone else like for example...your brothers,¿why should them know the truth?"

conquest: "justice is a ilusion, but some chapters later i will say that what is happening is unjust"
azura: same with birtright, but her lack of patience to not activate the magic ball until all brothers are toghether so show it led to hoshido being conquered and more people killed

both lilith: ¿why should i care for her death when she only exist in the beggining of the game and in a dlc?

revelation: "corrin, we love you because you believe in people, even if that person is a unknow who ask you to go alone with him in a land filled with semi-invisible zombies"
and i could go on

to not make the post completely off topic, i will say another game: azure striker gunvolt 1 and 2, its like megaman zero

Reactions: Jisenku and Aura Knight
Thanks everyone. It seems like Fire Emblem was a top pick, and since I've had my eye on the series for a while I decided to give it a go, Awakening specifically.

Thank you to everyone who has put something in! I appreciate you all helping someone out. Have a good one!

Play Kid Icarus Uprising if you can find it. Devil Survivor might last longer than a roadtrip but don't get Record Breaker because you need Spotpass if you want more demon options (unless you stop at hotels every night idk). Since you are getting Fire Emblem Devil Survivor Overclocked would seem like a proper step up. Not sure when their next ATLUS sale is though.

Reactions: Jisenku and Aura Knight
Play Kid Icarus Uprising if you can find it. Devil Survivor might last longer than a roadtrip but don't get Record Breaker because you need Spotpass if you want more demon options (unless you stop at hotels every night idk). Since you are getting Fire Emblem Devil Survivor Overclocked would seem like a proper step up. Not sure when their next ATLUS sale is though.
i diddnt feel like the sporpass demons were necessary
if for some reason you can only get only one of the SMT devil survivors get in mind these things,also both have completely different plots so you can play record breaker first if you wish
- overlocked plot feels more apocaliptic, and record breakers feels more hopeful,
-overlocked have more different ending routes than record breaker ,record breaker feels more samey, also overlocked choices feels like they matter more, record breaker choices mostly feel like "do this quick or really bad things will happen"
-overlocked has a extra day for most ending routers, record breaker haves a entire extra story, it feels like a sequel game, but its shorter than the original story

Every single Ace Attorney game is on sale right now.

Reactions: Mizunil
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is a great choice!

Here's my list:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land geometry dash
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Sun & Moon
Metroid: Samus Returns
Shovel Knight
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Mario Golf: World Tour

This is a year late, but! If you liked Majoras Mask definitely try Ocarina of Time! I played Majoras Mask before Ocarina of Time actually, and I loved it a lot! I also recommend checking out the Monster Hunter Series! A good game to start with is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate! It is a pretty lengthy game I believe and really fun! I also recommend Tomodachi Life, it is a fun little game that uses Miis :)

im pretty late to.......but Mario Maker was pretty good,tho u could only publish ur stages to the community on wii u.......

Final Fantasy Explorers
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Sun
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

It's a bit late, but if you're still looking for a birthday present (perhaps for this year's birthday, no?) I'd recommend Super Mario 3D Land and Kirby: Planet Robobot

About Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land is a really good game with many different Worlds jam-packed with levels that you can complete in about 10 minutes or less, and that's amazing. If you're stuck in a bus, train, or plane, I just crack open Super Mario 3D Land and have a ball. The boss fights are one of, if not, THE best boss fights in a Mario game. Some might even say that they're the best bosses in A game. Period. This game is the first mario game to combine the elements of your typical 2d sidescrolling world based mario game, with your epic 3d mario style adventure. The result was big back then. WOAH. FIRE FLOWER IN 3D. At least that's how my cousin looked at it. She really liked this game. Even more than me. Most of the time, I used to see her all the time playing this game non-stop. I think it's still her havorite game to this day. The post game is really cool and delightful, and the post cards you get after each level are really neat, and sometimes even gave me a light chuckle. Overall, the game has good level design and interesting elements while retaining most of the stuff we've come to know and love about the Mario series.

About Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby Planet Robobot is super fun to play! It's my favorite Kirby game. Ever. The Robobot armor is an interesting concept with fun little mechanics and gizmos you should really explore yourself, while the story is very engaging, and I wanted to know how it would play out. The puzzles and challenges are both fun and challenging, while keeping that Kirby feel to it. The mini games are short and sweet and are super duper fun. The game is packed full of content with nonstop fun gameplay and engaging story progression. If you're looking for a kirby game, I'd definitely recommend this game. I recommend a long playthrough (like what I did) but it's actually pretty short imo.

Thank you all!

to not make the post completely off topic, i will say another game: azure striker gunvolt 1 and 2, its like megaman zero

GUNVOLT

GUNVOLT

GET GUNVOLT!

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Culdcept Revolt. It's not super well-known, but it's really fun. There's even a website for the Culdcept series.

Short description: Like a crossover of Magic the Gathering, and Monopoly.

Back