Are these good games to own? Suggestions?

• Thread starter epik1000
  • Start date
epik1000

epik1000

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I own Animal Crossing New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Mario Kart 7.

Just 3 of those, but I have been thinking of getting Puzzle and Dragons Z, Project X Zone 1 and 2, Final Fantasy Explorers, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Super Smash Bros for 3DS. But I honestly want to know any other good games i would give a try, still new to the 3DS/2DS world.

Honestly, it's based on preference. I've heard a lot of great reviews and comments on Project X Zone, FFE, and Shantae. SSB4 is a very popular multiplayer title, which you could play with a lot of members here and with friends everywhere else. As far as the games you currently own, I think they're great titles, especially New Leaf and Monster hunter. Though I may have to ask, have you considered getting Monster Hunter 4? I'm not too familiar with the Monster Hunter scene but I think players love it a lot. If you do plan on getting a new game, from the list you provided I think Project X Zone, FFE, and SSB4 would be your best options, maybe Shantae as well but not too sure about Puzzles and Dragons (not a fan of Puzzle games >.>).

Project X Zone is 20 bucks on the Eshop while the second one havent came yet to the Eshop, somehow thinking of getting the game through Eshop while i save up for Smash Bros and Shantae, but luckily shantae went on sale for 14 right now. I probably might get Shantae first.

Though, Puzzle and Dragons turns out to be a very popular game on the Mobile world, but it has a different concept on the 3DS/2DS world, but probably i might stick to the mobile game instead, since i don't see well interest on the 3DS/2DS

Last edited by a moderator:
Project x got very mediorce reviews, but aside from that good games

If you've really liked Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, then I think that MH4U would be a really good choice, since you'll be sure to put hundreds of hours into it. FFE is good, and similar to MH, but it's pretty restrictive :/ (Like no 3D)
If you're not sure about MH4U, then there's always Smash which is probably a must-have :D

If I were u I would get super smash bros because it's an amazing game and lots of people play so you will always have company for online battles. Then I would get monster hunter 4 ultimate because it has an amazing solo player story and it has a great multiplayer options. Then I would get the game animal crossing new leaf because of what everybody says about the game. So that's what I think u should get for 3ds games.

Honestly it's based on how you feel about them. If you enjoy playing them and they help you relax from a tiresome day then they are great games to have. Because everyone has their own opinion and feeling towards that game.

For me I would say "Yeah those are great choices!" And someone who hates Animal Crossing or Monster Hunter could tell you otherwise. But it's based on how you feel about them and if you enjoy them :)

If all of those games fall under the genres you enjoy, then they will be satisfactory to you, no doubt. Sm4sh imo is a must have for anyone with a 3ds system, but it all depends on your likes and dislikes pertaining to games. :jimlad:

You have some really good games. It depends on what video game genre you like. If you like RPG's then I think you should get Bravely Second: End Layer when it comes out.

Also try getting Hyrule Warriors Legends because it's very fun. :thumbsup:

You have some really good games. It depends on what video game genre you like. If you like RPG's then I think you should get Bravely Second: End Layer when it comes out.

Also try getting Hyrule Warriors Legends because it's very fun. :thumbsup:
Now bravely second is the sequel to the game Bravely Default, which if your into turn based RPGs you should totally play, it has a form of battle system I've never seen before.

Another great game is Kingdom Hearts : Dream Drop Distance, this is a vary good video game series that is spread out over multiple consoles, there are two on DS and one on 3DS. I greatly suggest playing all of them. It's an action RPG so I guess its battle system is like that of a Zelda game.

Kid Icarus : Uprising, this game is a third person shooter, it has great battle mechanics and the story is pretty good. You can make a level harder for greater rewards or easier for less. I found this game a ton of fun

So my top three in this order
1 Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
2 Bravely Default
3 Kid Icarus: Uprising

You should try Pokemon. ' oh it's for little kids ' it's really not....because a story about someone wanting to comit mass genocide is for kids now apparently. I personally recommend Pokemon X or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. You should totally get smash bros for the 3DS..I only have it for the wii u but its popular

Just 3 of those, but I have been thinking of getting Puzzle and Dragons Z, Project X Zone 1 and 2, Final Fantasy Explorers, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Super Smash Bros for 3DS. But I honestly want to know any other good games i would give a try, still new to the 3DS/2DS world.

one of my all-time favorites is definately moco moco friends, which is what i've been working on lately a lot (for details, just read my blogging saga "Moco Moco Friends: The Price of Power"). another one i would definately suggest is new super mario bros. 2 (that game had me playing nonstop for months). i also love super mario 3d land as well, which i got a 100% about a month ago.

basically, i'd suggest getting some mario games and RPGs, like bravely default or bravely second (bravely second isnt out yet in my region, but is available for pre-purchase on the eshop. the demo, however, is available). just some ideas; up to what you want to get, though. just telling you my tastes. oh yes: i also highly recommend resident evil revelations. that game is extremely addicting (at least on my end).

If I were u i would pick either Super smash Bros or Pokemon Omega ruby because they are really good games. Super smash bros you fight and its really fun when you win and inpokemon You just try to beat all the gyms get the groudoun or the kyoger depends on what game you get and stop team magma. And if you like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate you should try monster hunter 4 ultimate hope this helped

I really like Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. You should try that out. It has a lot of features, and alot of characters. The battles are really good, except battling online, the online battles are REALLY laggy. You should also try Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire. They're also really fun.

Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are two of the best platformers on the 3DS (possibly of all time); 3D Land is generally easier, aside from that final boss battle, and is pretty much a 3D platformer whilst DKCR3D is fully 2D and is a LOT harder, like one of the hardest games I've played. Prepare to rage, but then you'll love it when you finish a level. Also, Luigi's Mansion 2 is a classic and combines the humour with some really scary ghosts.

SteamWorld Dig is a great indie game and is, I believe $5-10 USD, and is a really fun game with platformer elements. It's a bit short (I clocked out in 7.5 hours on Steam) but for the price it should be at during a sale, it's really fun IMO - there's a bit of digging which slows things down but finding new areas and learning more about the past of the town is rewarding.

I also recommend Pushmo on the 3DS eShop which I found very fun and offered about, a million levels. It's a puzzle game which takes advantage of the 3D but of course, you won't necessarily need the 3D to do well in it. You pull out blocks to try and climb your way to the top of the structure to rescue... kids? Yeah, I think they were kids who decided to climb up themselves for some reason and it's your job to rescue them xD

If you like RPGs, there is a lot of good games for 3DS

- Bravely Default
- Bravely Second
- Persona Q
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Mario & Luigi Dream Team
- Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
- Tales of the Abyss
- Shin Megami Tensei
- Dragon Quest

etc

Animal Crossing New Leaf: Yes >.<)/ This is a game that basically every person has. It's that popular.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: I don't own this, so I don't know.

Mario Kart 7: Fun game also that almost everyone owns. :p

I wouldn't recommend FF explorers. Maybe get MH4U instead? >.< Also, Fantasy life and Rune factory 4 are good games imo.

Animal Crossing is a very great game, it's also a very great time waster. :p

The games I'd recommend on your taste is,
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - This game has the best graphics of all the 3ds games out right now imo. Not only that, it's a great long game to take up your bored days.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby - This is a great RPG, it's also a great game to play on the Pedia to get to know people a bit better.

Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7 and (from what I hear) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are all really solid games for the 3DS. Like suggested before, getting Monster hunter 4 Ultimate is definitely not a bad choice, since you already own the previous version. If you're into strategy games, I suggest you try Fire Emblem: Awakening, or one of the newer versions, Fire Emblem Fates Birthrigh/Conquest/Revelations!

The are a lot of good games out there to try . If you want a list of games I have a huge list of games on my profile page of all the games I own for the 3ds so you can check it out of you wish. All of them are very good games and I'm happy with a lot of them . Some are e-shop only but there are a lot of retail on the list as well. Hope you find some that you enjoy.

Back