Mario Kart Are they any differences in Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? (except Link and the Inklings)

• Thread starter randomthedude
  • Start date
randomthedude

randomthedude

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Hello everyone ! I was wondering if they were some differences in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe other than Link and the Inklings. I didn't buy the Wii U so I don't know if there were new carts, bikes, gilders and more added in the deluxe edition. I was pretty curious and I felt like this website is a good website to ask about Nintendo stuff.

Hello everyone ! I was wondering if they were some differences in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe other than Link and the Inklings. I didn't buy the Wii U so I don't know if there were new carts, bikes, gilders and more added in the deluxe edition. I was pretty curious and I felt like this website is a good website to ask about Nintendo stuff.
Labo support, auto steering, auto accelerate, free dlc, a ton of battle modes, and much more characters, at least that’s what I can think of from the top of my head.

Wow, that's more new stuff than I expected!

I'm thinking all the unlockable things besides kart parts/Amiibo costumes from the Wii U version are there when you boot the game and the parts are easier to get because the coin count needed is less. The DLC from the previous game is no more in Deluxe as you get tracks instantly and Mercedes parts as you get regular parts.
Oh yeah and Gold Mario.

In Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, you can't really do firehopping like you could in the original game

New characters, new courses, the ability to play it PORTABLY (which is a big feature for me to be honest). But imo the biggest change is the battle mode. THEY FIXED IT (i think idk). With an all new mode -- Renegade Roundup, it's my favorite. Basically, it's cops and robbers, but mario kart. tons of fun.Also auto steering and auto acceleration, which is great for first time players, like children and people who uhhh haven't really played mario kart before. Also, the online mode is a lot better now. But miiverse is gone (obviously) meaning that the little collectibles (idk, i haven't play mk8 on wii u) are gone as well.

The game can play itself in Deluxe

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Back