Are warioware characters canon in mario universe?

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Mona, cat and ana, 16 bit, Ashley and more, wario has a lovable cast of characters he takes advantage of in his wario ware games. But are they considered canon in the mario universe? Are they even real people? Or is wario secretly not lazy and made these characters to increase the enjoyment of his games?

Reactions: AricAttack
I feel like they should be but aren’t. They all look like they could be , and they would fit in, however nintendo wouldn’t. Warios only in one main game with mario sml2 so I sadly don’t think so( unless that’s where wario is most of the time

I would think they would be but Im not too sure. Other than Super mario land 2 no wario characters have been in a Mario game.

i do not think that there is something like a "mario canon" outside of maybe the mario & luigi or paper mario games, in some games the mushroom kingdom looks like the geography have changed radically for no reason at all

Honestly, I don’t think so. Diamond City is never mentioned in the Mario franchise, and it’s almost like it’s not a part of the same universe. I mean, yeah, technically Wario is still part of the Mario series, but he’s kinda drifted into his own territory now, if you know what I mean.

Maybe the location exists but the characters might be a part of Wario's fantasy.
They seem to have Mario characters stay in their own games and Wario characters in their own games aside from SML2 when they needed a creative villain to pass the torch for a new GB platformer.

Mona, cat and ana, 16 bit, Ashley and more, wario has a lovable cast of characters he takes advantage of in his wario ware games. But are they considered canon in the mario universe? Are they even real people? Or is wario secretly not lazy and made these characters to increase the enjoyment of his games?
I feel like they are and they should be. Why would they not be? Wario Land is canon to WarioWare soooo

Are wario and mario in the same universe or world? That's one thing I'm thinking about because wario ware takes place in Diamond city which I'm pretty sure is no where near the mushroom kingdom. I'm honestly not even sure. :/ I think it's separate universes.

Are wario and mario in the same universe or world? That's one thing I'm thinking about because wario ware takes place in Diamond city which I'm pretty sure is no where near the mushroom kingdom. I'm honestly not even sure. :/ I think it's separate universes.
But how do you explain Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi's Island DS, and Super Mario Land 2? There is plenty of references to Wario in Mario games. Wario's Woods features Toad. Mario & Wario is a game that has them both in color. They have Diamond City in Mario Kart Arcade. They have to be in the same universe or even a multiverse if you prefer. Just because Wario characters never show up with Mario characters might just mean they are just far away from each other.

I'm not talking about warios character. I'm talking about wario ware in general. Like it's setting or what not. I've never played mario kart arcade so i didn't know that was a playable stage. Seems cool. Your right about the possibility of the same universes cause the mario bros were orginally from brooklyn new york before ending up at the mushroom kingdom. So diamond city must be an american city of some sort. Thats just my speculation

Back