SwSh Are you getting the premium Pokemon Home plan?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
How many of you are getting the premium Pokemon Home plan? What about renewing Poke Bank?

I think I'm going to skip getting the premium plan. I haven't been playing Pokemon Shield a lot lately and I can probably just trade and breed for the 'mons I want. I might have enough to get it with my gold coins, but might just use it for something else.

What about you guys?

No. No need. I did pay for bank to make more mons accessible to me in USUM but the thing is you can use them all. Yes if I wanted Milotic right away I might but the ease of getting one is the same if you know someone who can just breed one for you. Besides that DLC might be a better option without HOME. I might renew bank but I'd need a plan as to what I'm gonna do with it before renewal. If I have points then I think I don't need to use them for this.

Already got the premium plan, had like more than 2k mons in Bank and I like to move my oldies but goldies to the newest version. I wish I can use all of them in swsh but it's whatever I can wait for the later games. I'm still organizing the boxes, I don't like the Pokemon Home's box system compare to the Bank's cause there is no way to put boxes into groups, but overall it's more visually pleasing. Plus having all of my 6iv daddies ditto is gonna make breeding a lot easier!

I think I have like 6 months left on Poke Bank cause a bud of mine got into a pokemon phase awhile back so I don't mind. She needed help finishing her national dex and it made me wanted to get ready for swsh. Also I completed my living dex in my bank while I was at it.

Plus Toxic Umbreon and Knock Off Bisharp. :cool-pika:

Reactions: Alex.Dips and Marc
I already got my 3-month premium plan (not subscribed yet though), so I can transfer some 'mons like Ditto of various natures in case I want to breed some Pokémon of specific nature, or even Alolan Vulpix. Plus, I do get some 'mons that I didn't catch on Pokémon Sword yet, even though I do wish they can make all 'mons compatible to Sword/Shield if possible. Still, the fact that I can transfer 'mons between save files from different users is a plus, too.

I don't like the Pokemon Home's box system compare to the Bank's cause there is no way to put boxes into groups
I think you can sort 'em just like in Pokébank if you already get the premium plan, otherwise it's unsortable if you're on basic plan.

I think you can sort 'em just like in Pokébank if you already get the premium plan, otherwise it's unsortable if you're on basic plan.

Bank has an option to move boxes into groups which I liked cause I can label them and only view the boxes within the group. In Home there's feature called Box Space which is basically a box for ur boxes, but u can't name them and u can still scroll to a box outside of the Box Space ur in. Really wish they kept it in cause I like to organize and make it look clean.
IMG_20200214_013700.jpg
(Ignore the current labels. They automatically add them from Pokebank.)
However, I did found out u can add labels to individual Pokemon so u can filter the list to what ur looking for. It seems more useful in the mobile version cause there's no boxes whatsoever but on the switch it's just another way to mark ur pokemon but in a more customizable way. It's a good for making sure ur not wonder trading an important pokemon.

I think I'm gonna pass on the premium plan it won't benefit most people.

I don't think that the premium plan is going to benefit me personally I've played many pokemon games so the premium home could be useful to move stuff around.

I have no reason for mass storage on pokemon home, the 30 pokemon you can store on the free version is plenty for me. I would like the capability to bring my bank pokemon into home but I don't feel like its worth the money for me.

I can see this being useful for breeders or people who have played pokemon from the very beggining but its definetly not for me.

I can see this being useful for breeders or people who have played pokemon from the very beggining but its definetly not for me.
If you've played Pokemon from the very beginning (Gen 4 optimally) it doesn't make too much sense because breeding takes forever and you're Pokemon imo are less valuable in games where breeding is easier with maybe an exception for Gen exclusive moves which seems like a big deal right. But then you realize how many of these moves are really useful? Let's say it's really slim. The meta only requires so many of the better moves with an exception of Z-moves. The thing is people can just wonder trade their breedjects so there's no need to even need storage space and if you decide you don't want Master Balls because vanity sake so there's way more room to just have 1 competitive mon for each one found in Galar. Granted no real team synergy really comes from a single set alone so some tweaking would be done. That 1 extra box is probably all you need to keep spares. But yeah paid service = some Pokemon gamers peace of mind which is really odd to me. It like one of those things where you didn't want it but it's exactly what you need.

Back