• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Are you going to get a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
How many of you guys/gals are going to get the PlayStation 5?

Are you going to get it on release, wait until more games come out or wait for an upgraded version of the console?

I'll likely get it on release because it's going to take forever for them to bring out an updated version like how the PS4 has the PS4 Slim/Pro. I don't care too much about picking up PS5 games just yet. Since the console will be backward compatible with PS4 games, I'm eyeing a couple of those.

Reactions: Alex.Dips
Most of the games that interested me in the stream are going to come out on PC as well so meh. The console as well will be hell to fit into any space I have.

Idk, I still don't know if the console will be backwards compat yet, and if so how far back but eh. I'm going to buy a new PS2 soon to replace my broken one, might just buy a PS4 once they drop in price because of the PS5.

Definitely will at some point thanks to Horizon 2, but not at launch. Gonna wait until the library's a bit larger (maybe a year or two?), especially since my PS4 is still alive and well.

Horizon 2
The first game was Game Of The Year or something, right?

Definitely will at some point thanks to Horizon 2

I was thinking of getting a ps5 just to get that game, but with the first one coming out on PC, I think the second one will as well

Was nominated but lost to BOTW

Reactions: Marc
Nominated, but lost to Breath of the Wild. Contender for Game of the Year says a lot about the first game's quality.

I was thinking of getting a ps5 just to get that game, but with the first one coming out on PC, I think the second one will as well
I could see a PC version if Zero Dawn does well. Or it could be a timed exclusive.

Reactions: Marc
Contender for Game of the Year says a lot about the first game's quality.

I mean PUBG was also nominated that year :p

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze
I mean PUBG was also nominated that year :p
I will admit, it's also a bit of a popularity contest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny
Reactions: 28142
I could see a PC version if Zero Dawn does well. Or it could be a timed exclusive.

Just checked, Horizon 2 is marked as "exclusive", but so was the first game lol. Could also mean "console exclusive" and it'll only be on the playstation, but is free to come out on PC.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze
How many of you guys/gals are going to get the PlayStation 5?

Are you going to get it on release, wait until more games come out or wait for an upgraded version of the console?

I'll likely get it on release because it's going to take forever for them to bring out an updated version like how the PS4 has the PS4 Slim/Pro. I don't care too much about picking up PS5 games just yet. Since the console will be backward compatible with PS4 games, I'm eyeing a couple of those.
same as hibiki_kuze. i'll buy it but not at launch. maybe sometime when im in college.

This might be the first console I buy at launch, provided it’s backwards compatible. If the BC isn’t complete I might wait though. The launch and early titles look promising, but I still have plenty of PS4 games to play and I’d be completing those even if I bought a PS5. Upgraded visuals and performance would be great. I have several PS4 Pro enhanced titles that I’ve yet to complete that would benefit greatly from the beefier hardware.

What’s strange is there’s supposed to be backwards compatibility with most popular PS4 games according to Sony, yet one of the most popular (GTAV) is getting an updated release on PS5. If PS4 titles are supposed to get graphics upgrades anyway, why would Rockstar be releasing an enhanced version of a PS4 title?

Last edited:
Possibly not but I know people who really want it for trivial things like 120fps fortnite. Yes you heard me, Fortnite. But who am I to judge. Some games of the PS5 look interesting while others look very off. What would really sell me on a ps5 is a new parappa title which I know won't happen unfortunately cause of issues with the distribution rights and whatnot. It sucks but what can you do. I never really knew that 120 fps for a gaming console was a thing before I saw the ps5. It's pretty incredible not gonna lie but i'm not gonna buy a console based on performance and fps. I want it to have some games to draw me in. Something with content.

I won't unless if the PSVR is freaking amazing, otherwise I will save for a good PC and the Valve Index.

Reactions: 28142
i thought bout it since i swapped from xbox to ps4 but then i got a gaming pc.. plus the way i see it both new consoles will offer crossplay for developers and if they add it to new games then id rather get the most out of gaming with a pc only downfall will be the console exclusives but id live without em :D

Reactions: Jisenku
I don't think I will, maybe at the end of its lifetime when it's cheaper. I'm not interested in most Sony exclusives, so Switch+PC is good for me (Also PC has a lot of other uses so it's not a 'gaming' machine, which is something I dislike about most consoles). Unless there's a very interesting exclusive release in a few years, I'm not going to get it.

We will have a ps5 , my husband has been very excited about this, and so we will be getting one hopefully on the first day, we went into Game on the day after it was announced to book a preorder on the console and an extra controller. Everyone in the shop seemed to be in for the same reason. We planned on getting the disc version, which was good because they were out of pre-orders for the digital version. He has booked Nov 19th off work to pick it up. ;) I will probably play some of the games on it, but still favour nintendo consoles, even if they do have issues...

Back