Are you going to have a banlist on SSB4 ?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Hi Everybody,

Just wondering if there will be some stages that you'll ban if you make a SSB4 tournament online. To those who don't know, many stages from Brawl and Melee were banned in official tournaments due to them having characteristics that would make the battle too easy or too hard.

Here's some examples of banned stages:
Melee:
Yoshi's Story (N64 Hidden Stage): Banned, because the clouds on the borders could allow "camping", or make recovery for Falco almost impossible.
Icicle Mountain: Banned because the blast lines (Lines that makes you KO) were too close, and also because the stage focused more on surviving than battling.
Brawl:
WarioWare, Inc.: Due to its mini-games, some people can be luckier and get overpowered.

While those are a few examples, here's the full list (no data for SSB4, I guess you know why) : www.ssbwiki.com/Banned_stage

Are you going to potentially ban some stages in SSB4 ? If yes, which (Name not necessary if you give a description (only if stage has no name yet))?

A lot of these new stages are gimmicky, especially ones on the 3DS, so it wouldn't be just "some" banned stages.
I know I wouldn't ban FD, Battlefield, or Boxing Ring though.

A lot of these new stages are gimmicky, especially ones on the 3DS, so it wouldn't be just "some" banned stages.
I know I wouldn't ban FD, Battlefield, or Boxing Ring though.
Well, those ones can't be banned for obvious reasons. The stages who are banned are mostly the ones that focus on something other than the battle, or who can cause some characters to be KO'd without being able to recover.

Well maybe I'd ban the Palutena's Temple stage because it is the biggest stage in the series history. It really depends on if the stage seems fair or not, especially the hazards, but if there are some I don't like in SSB4 I would still allow the Final Destination version. I hope the Yoshi's Island stage from SSBB and the Pictochat one are in the game, btw.

I always hated New Pork City in SSBB lol Anyways, the new stages looks pretty balanced IMPO But we won't know till we play the game lol In the Prism Tower stage, I hope to see a lot of bikes going around the Prism Tower hatching their eggs lol

Most tournaments I host are likely going to be on the Final Destination themed stages, so I doubt it. Anything else will just be a "for fun" tournament where there isn't really a great prize and therefore I won't care if someone can camp or whatever.

I don't really care if a stage has some advantages or disadvantages. It's all part of the fun to be able to play on different stages so I woudn't necessarily vote for a ban on certain stages. However, it would make sense when competing for a prize since you don't want people to feel that the competition is unfair. I guess following the general consensus on this matter will be the best course of action (what the majority of players think is fair and what is not).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Back