Are you good with computers?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Just as the title says!

when your computer gets an issue (say it becomes very slow or an error message comes up) are you able to resolve it? or when you try to do a new task and not sure how to go about it? do you ask someone else who is experienced in using computers or try to figure it out yourself? :p

Just as the title says!

when your computer gets an issue (say it becomes very slow or an error message comes up) are you able to resolve it? or when you try to do a new task and not sure how to go about it? do you ask someone else who is experienced in using computers or try to figure it out yourself? :p

When it becomes slow, I use CCleaner (to manage the registry), makes my computer go a bit faster. Otherwise, I inspect every program in the Task Manager carefully, and stop any useless program. And I also delete useless programs.
So, yes, when my computer's not fine, I track the issue and resolve it myself.
I also help others when it's needed, and it's really rare for me to find a problem that I can't fix (because it's due to the computer's age, the hardware, etc.).

Reactions: Mikaya
I do all of what Dragovian says. I refuse to give up on a problem because I want to be the superior technician in my house. I have a title called 'Technical Alex', since I always correct my family when they mess up on their technological knowledge. But, I'm not perfect, so when their's a problem that neither me, nor my father can fix, we call round my father's friend who works as a computer repairman.
That said, I haven't needed his help in a while, since I figure out all my problems on my own now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 532
When it becomes slow, I use CCleaner (to manage the registry), makes my computer go a bit faster. Otherwise, I inspect every program in the Task Manager carefully, and stop any useless program. And I also delete useless programs.
So, yes, when my computer's not fine, I track the issue and resolve it myself.
I also help others when it's needed, and it's really rare for me to find a problem that I can't fix (because it's due to the computer's age, the hardware, etc.).

This.

I'm the tech guy in my house like Alex, haha

fixed like every computer my mom owns and my own. i cant claim i know everything but i know the easy problems. i use run everything from anti virus tocleaner every month to keep my stuff clean and running good

If you count typing and posting stuff skills, I guess I'm pretty pro.

I am pretty good at computers however i know there is allot better people out there then me XD if my computer is ever playing up on me or my family's computers i can usually figure it out and fix the problem. I am constantly being asked by my family how to fix an error with there computer or how do you do this blah blah blah.

I am good with computers, in both aspects; Hardware and Software. I have built a Gaming PC, and I also have coded a program in Python. I can resolve problems that come up with ease, as long as they aren't outside of my programming knowledge.

When it comes to computers I'm a Goddess. I grew up with parents in IT, so I learned how to design, build, and fix everything myself. Usually my siblings and friends come to me when they need their PCs fixed, even when they get a virus (which is usually pretty easy to remove). Computers is sort of a hobby for me.

Back