Mario Kart Are You Happy With Mario Kart 8's Item Lineup?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
You probably all know by now that everything available on the disc when you buy it has been revealed, as review copies have been sent out.

Anyway, are you happy with the item lineup? I'm satisfied with it, but it is a shame to see that the Super Mushroom is gone, but meh. Also sad that bloopers and bullet bills are back, but idrc.

I'm satisfied too! :) There's finally an item to stop these annoying blue shells! An I also don't really care that the useless Bloopers are back.

I'm satisfied too! :) There's finally an item to stop these annoying blue shells! An I also don't really care that the useless Bloopers are back.

Just so you know, in Mario Kart 7 you can use shrooms to avoid blue shells.

Just so you know, in Mario Kart 7 you can use shrooms to avoid blue shells.
:eek:REALLY?!:confused:

Mmhm. Having a shroom in first is rare though.

Yes, that is very rare! :p As racers, we must expect ourselves to be in first place and therefore bring shrooms with us to the front of the pack to avoid this disastrous occasion.

I could have done without the coins. I honestly prefer snaking (from Mario Kart DS), :sneaky:

The guy in the video sucks at snaking, but you get the idea. Figure-8 Circuit.. oh, the memories. Snaking non-stop until your R/L button stopped working (can't remember which one it was), :love:

I did a quick Google search and the new items look interesting :

95px-BoomerangFlowerMK8.png

Was always a fan of Boomerang Mario (or whatever you call him lol), so you know what I think about this item. The Crazy 8 item sounds interesting and a bit overpowered, :blackeye: but meh. Star and red shell looks like the only major threat from it. Kick in the lightning and I'd facepalm..

I hope the blue shell works like the one from Mario Kart DS instead of Mario Kart 7. One item I miss is the "fake item box" :

100px-FItembox.PNG

So yeah, I'm a little happy, :D

Oh? I'm satisfied with the item lineup, I don't think any huge improvements have been made, but since I haven't played Mario Kart 7, I'm not sure to what is new, and what is old. I think the boomerang looks really interesting, and fits in nicely with the other items. I was horrible at snaking but it could have been added with the anti-gravity feature, which could be fun.

Anyone miss the Boo item?

No! the mega mushroom! it will be missed. Glad Bullet bills are back. I like those guys. xD

bloopers...what a waste of an item, once again...xD

I don't think it's really much different than previous Mario Karts. They've got all the standard items plus a few extras. I never played MK7 so I'm really looking forward to trying the Crazy 8 item.

It's a shame they got rid of the POW Block from Mario kart wii
That item can cause a bit of destruction. But nontheless, I like the boomerang item, you can throw it times and get a lot of damage or hits on players, the crazy eight is just mk7's Lucky Seven, and has just one more item when you use it. I really like the piranha plant but It can be a pit OP at times.

I think they should bring back fireballs! I loved them! And they should make the ice flower where you can freeze the other racers!

I think they should bring back fireballs! I loved them! And they should make the ice flower where you can freeze the other racers!

You probably don't have Mario Kart 8 then. Fire flowers are in the game. However, Ice flowers would not work well as the ice balls can only bounce once and then break when they hit the ground once more.

I liked the fake item boxes, but they were only useful if you got its placement just right. Even then, they just acted like an ordinary banana peel. It would be cool if they were more like rogue item boxes. For example, if you hit one and got say a blue shell, when you use it, it would just hit you instead. The only way to get rid of the destructive item would be to use it or simply finish the race without using any other items. This would make it more useful and infinitely more annoying, so they would have to be rare, but I could definitely see them as being nasty little surprises.

Probably shouldn't be on this thread considering I don't own the game (or a Wii U for the matter..) But I like putting my 2 cents in ;) the only prize I'm not a big fan of is the stupid super horn thing! It takes the fun out of the blue shell, which I personally loved. Other than that yea I'm pretty good with it... Except that chain vhomp in a box thing sounds a little weird but still cool I guess

Probably shouldn't be on this thread considering I don't own the game (or a Wii U for the matter..) But I like putting my 2 cents in ;) the only prize I'm not a big fan of is the stupid super horn thing! It takes the fun out of the blue shell, which I personally loved. Other than that yea I'm pretty good with it... Except that chain vhomp in a box thing sounds a little weird but still cool I guess

I understand where you are coming from. However, it is extremely hard in Mario Kart 8 to stay in first because 1) You can only hold a single set of items now and 2) in first place, the most common item is a coin which doesn't do jack if your coin count is already at 10. The "stupid super horn thing" is a sheer necessity when in first place (as well as any item that can block an incoming red shell). This item can save your life and your VR! The amount of times I have come in 1st place because of this item is substantially high! By all means, if you ever get Mario Kart 8, let alone a Wii U, spam that item away if you really don't like it that much and see how you get screwed over lol.

With all the MK8's mechanics and balances, I think MK8 is the most balanced MK game right now lol Well I'll do miss some features from previous MK games such as snaking, wheelies, holding 2 items, 5 banana peels (MK64),3 Bananas behind me, smaller revolution radius for revolving items (Yes I noticed), Fake Item Boxes that are indetectable(Im looking at you MKDS and your bottom radar), POW Blocks(For those 1st placers saving their Mushrooms for Blue shells), Tanuki Tail(Cuter than Potted Piranha Plant but more or less the same), dem Giant Mushrooms(Cuz you love squishing them), Boo(Theres a Green Shell chasing ya). And kinda wished they added the Arcade's Item rosters too

Back