Arena Of Valor for Nintendo Switch (A Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm happy to see a multiplayer online battle arena game coming to the Nintendo Switch. Europe will be getting the first closed beta. No word about North America console owners yet, unfortunately.

Arena of Valor Official Trailer

I'm hoping it gets cross-play so there will be much more than Switch players playing online together. I think Heroes of Ruin for the Nintendo 3DS died out and it's been a game I was actually interested in when I first got my 3DS.

Arena of Valor is a 5v5 MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

Are you excited for its release?

>.>
<.<

Why.
I personally hate all MOBAs and I have doubts that a mobile port to the switch will be decent. I don't even understand why this got so popular in the first place, it looks like just another DOTA 2/LoL rip-off. I'm not even too sure how well it'd work on the switch tbh.

My main issue with this would be that AoV is a free mobile game, so micro-transactions. I've not played it myself so I don't know the exact costs, but I've seen talk that "heroes" are like, $10-$15 or something like that. Which is a LOT. I'm just not sure how that kind of mechanic would work on the switch. If AoV is paid on the Switch without all the micro-transactions then I see that being incredibly unfair on the mobile players if it's cross-platform.

it looks like just another DOTA 2/LoL rip-off.
Still though, it's better than not having any alternative available ;~;

If LOL or Dota 2 was on the Switch, I wouldn't really care much for Arena Of Valor but since neither are on it, it's nice to have this one as well as an extra online multiplayer game to play (assuming it's free with in-game purchases).

I'm happy to see a multiplayer online battle arena game coming to the Nintendo Switch. Europe will be getting the first closed beta. No word about North America console owners yet, unfortunately.

Arena of Valor Official Trailer

I'm hoping it gets cross-play so there will be much more than Switch players playing online together. I think Heroes of Ruin for the Nintendo 3DS died out and it's been a game I was actually interested in when I first got my 3DS.

Arena of Valor is a 5v5 MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

Are you excited for its release?
Just like @SkyHuntress, I feel kinda weird about getting a MOBA on a console. Sure, I think there's Smite already on the Xbox (but the game practically doesn't exist, there are very few players), but it feels weird to see a game of a genre that was mostly popular on PC get on a console, especially the Switch (not that it's a bad thing, I'll wait, try, and make my own opinion on the matter).

Besides, I'm not sure, but I think this game was already on mobile, right ? Which makes me a bit doubtful about the quality of the game when it'll get ported. Considering mobile games aren't generally known to be "good" for most of them, I'm kinda worried every time I see a "mobile" game being ported to the Switch, because they're likely to do a quick port without changing much, which will end up with a "meh" game (because it doesn't have that "thing" that makes PC + Console games good).

Well, I also suppose I'll have to transfer back to Europe to try it out.

Reactions: 28142
Most people aren’t aware that this game was on Mobile devices for a long time in Europe and China. America has it now and I might get it if they let me use my data from the mobile version. Otherwise, why would I get it?

If anyone wants to try the game, you can by going to the App/Google play store.

Yea, IDK about this one... Mobile game ports aren't exactly what I look for in a new switch game... plus I'm not a huge MOBA fan in general (I can't think of any MOBA I really enjoyed at all).

Reactions: 28142
Wait what?? How does Batman end up wrapped up in the tráiler or even the game?THat was funny! Well, now, regarding the tráiler, I would have liked the tráiler to be a gameplay tráiler not just a cinematic one, anyway, from what I watched it is interesting to me. Anyway, I have to admit this is not the type of game I am used to playing but as some user commented early on, I think it is good to have the possibility to buy it.

Back