SSBM Armada Wins Evo 2015 SSBM

• Thread starter Link Master
  • Start date
Link Master

Link Master

The chosen one
Towns Folk
AlphaZealot said:
After 3 days of Smashing, nail biting drama, and several unexpected results, [A]rmada has come out as the EVO 2015 Super Smash Brothers Melee champion. Players during the weekend were treated to the highest level of play seen since Apex 2015 and yet another crazy finish. [A]rmada overcame a strong performance from TL | Hungrybox before taking the crown 3-2 in a close grand finals. The victory came after a long drought for the former #1 player in the world and after winning the crowd chanted his name, along with over 205,000 viewers on Twitch.
Hungrybox did great he managed to beat PPMD and Plup and leffen which was amazing but lost to armada welp. Im glad armada won :)
Edit by Marc: Quote tag inserted in copy/pasted content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice copy and paste from Smashboards.

Armada really did deserve it though, finally breaking the curse of him coming really close from a national but not winning. Props to him! Though I really wanted Hungrybox to win and go out with a bang...now he's gonna be semi-retired with his chemical engineering job. :/

Nice copy and paste from Smashboards.

Armada really did deserve it though, finally breaking the curse of him coming really close from a national but not winning. Props to him! Though I really wanted Hungrybox to win and go out with a bang...now he's gonna be semi-retired with his chemical engineering job. :/
Eh i shouldve linked to smashboards. But I did let the owner of that post know and said it was okay.
Yup Armada did deserve this

The games and performances were superb from all participants in this year's Melee Evo 2015. I would have wanted HungryBox to win too but Armada isn't that bad either. Although even after losing, he still had an amazing display of sportsmanship.

261.jpg

For me, the most hyped match this Evo was Leffen vs. Plup in the Loser's Bracket. That battle had everything: Plup's Samus, tech chases, wavedash spacing, epic reads, charged shots landing on their mark, Leffen losing, plenty of pressure, and so much more... All with an epic superwavedash mind game that was performed excellently . I literally popped in Melee and played as Samus due to the immense inspiration I was overwhelmed with after watching this match.

Reactions: Marc
The games and performances were superb from all participants in this year's Melee Evo 2015. I would have wanted HungryBox to win too but Armada isn't that bad either. Although even after losing, he still had an amazing display of sportsmanship.

261.jpg

For me, the most hyped match this Evo was Leffen vs. Plup in the Loser's Bracket. That battle had everything: Plup's Samus, tech chases, wavedash spacing, epic reads, charged shots landing on their mark, Leffen losing, plenty of pressure, and so much more... All with an epic superwavedash mind game that was performed excellently . I literally popped in Melee and played as Samus due to the immense inspiration I was overwhelmed with after watching this match.

Ah yea that was just beautiful! But I wanted Leffen to win

Back