Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy announced

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout was a really great game with a fantastic battle system. Atelier games normally have multiple in the same universe, and I was worried that Atelier Ryza would change that, but I'm happy to see it hasn't.

Today, Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy has been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch in Winter.

What are you hoping to see in this new game?

imo I just want them to improve the story, execution, and visuals a bit for this one. I haven't played Atelier Ryza, but my friend that did says that he didn't really like the way the story was executed that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was surprised they did this - personally if it delivers more of the same (but new of course) I will be happy. The series went back in a good direction with ryza and I will happily play a second entry. Ayesha 2 should have happened but I’ll forgive them :p

For anyone who cares, the North America version of the game won't be censored.
Koei Tecmo America said:
Message to fans

Despite the differences in Atelier Ryza 2 promotional videos recently shown at TGS, we want to assure fans that the game itself will not be censored in the West. We hope everyone is looking forward to the upcoming adventure!

Censored version:

44AmUeq.jpg

Uncensored version:

l9JJMCx.jpg

I don't really mind censorship once it isn't anything ridiculous, but that dust is a lil crossing the line lol. Not a fan.

Reactions: EsmyTiānmó and ChewyPucc
For anyone who cares, the North America version of the game won't be censored.

The recent TGS video with the devs and voice actor (and a cosplayer for some reason) showed off the wet clothing mechanics when you exit water. So there’s that too.

Reactions: Marc
showed off the wet clothing mechanics when you exit water.
What happens exactly in the game?

What happens exactly in the game?

Clothes get a bit more sheer and darker/bunched up around parts to represent saturation. Also water drips off.

C74F2BF3-5A97-489F-B706-F61E3658FC6D.png

Reactions: Marc
A new trailer shows of costumes in the game:

1D9gvsJ.jpg

Trailer:

Would be nice if we have the option to change hair color. The pigtails hairstyle looks nice but I want different colors :panda:

So I just saw the trailer. And it looks pretty fun tbh. I think I saw some open world elements and those are always fun. Im not sure how the combat works. It looks like xenoblade combat but im not sure.

I also havent played any atelier ryza games. Do I have to play the first one to understand this?

Im not sure how the combat works. It looks like xenoblade combat but im not sure.
This is a trailer of the battle system:

It's supposed to be a mixture of real-time and turn-based combat.
I also havent played any atelier ryza games. Do I have to play the first one to understand this?
There are a lot of Atelier games and only ONE Atelier Ryza game besides the upcoming Atelier Ryza 2. Only the first Atelier Ryza game will count to the story.

According to TheGamer, you don't have to play the first game:
TheGamer said:
Although you don't need to have played the original game, Hosoi suggests that you'll have a more impactful playthrough experience of Atelier Ryza 2 if you play Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout first.
But even without me playing Atelier Ryza 2 yet, I'd say it might be better to play the first if you want the full story experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Deepak
I have never played the first game, and most of what I know about it stems from knowing the physical copy of it is pretty expensive. Other related games in the Atelier series are fairly expensive too, mostly on switch. I think since Nintendo consoles are very collectable, games with low print runs (like most atelier games) and have a small cult following the supply of the games doesn't equal the demand and thus the high price. Hopefully they print a lot more copies of this one, so everyone who wants a physical copy can get one.

Back