attempting to create the ultimate ferrothorn, may need ideas/suggestions

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
hello all, i am at some point going to try hatching a shiny ferroseed, since i have the shiny charm now it may be a bit faster and easier to pull off, but now i will get to the purpose of this topic.

whenever i do hatch a shiny ferroseed, i will evolve it into a ferrothorn from there. what i am attempting to do is create a fatal, life-sucking ferrothorn that can defeat almost anything rather quickly. i have some simple ideas, i have them listed below:

a) equip the pokemon with a rocky helmet
b) find a way to teach the pokemon leech seed (level learned move?)
c) allow it to learn a move such as mega drain/giga drain (if possible)

for those who are unfamiliar with ferrothorn, the pokemon's main ability from what i have learned is iron barbs, which inflicts damage on any pokemon that touches it. giving it a rocky helmet would help double over on this, causing even more damage if the pokemon is touched. adding the leech seed effect here, plus an hp drain move such as the two i listed above, i know can make my ferrothorn a very serious threat to my enemy, provided he/she has no knowledge of this fatal combination, and i could easily wreck even the toughest npc trainers with something this devastating. however, i feel as though i am leaving out some other crucial things needed here that i for some reason cannot identify at the present time, many of which are necessary for making a truly fatal, destructive, and devastating ferrothorn, which is what i am attempting to do here.

@PokeFreak @Vii i believe you two can be of great assistance to me here for suggestions and advice. all others are welcome to guide me here also, i am open to suggestion and guidance on what im trying to do. thank you.

Leech Seed is an Egg Move and I would recommend breeding Ferroseed with a Bulbasaur or something else that learns Leech Seed. Gyro Ball also wouldn't be a half bad choice if you can get a 0 in the Speed stat (to deal with annoying Fairy type Pokemon).

Leech Seed is an Egg Move and I would recommend breeding Ferroseed with a Bulbasaur or something else that learns Leech Seed. Gyro Ball also wouldn't be a half bad choice if you can get a 0 in the Speed stat (to deal with annoying Fairy type Pokemon).
hmmm. i see. thank you for your suggestion. :) i have a venusaur, so getting the egg move shouldnt be an issue. as for gyro ball, i cant complain about that either, however if i may ask, is this move learned at certain levels? if you are unsure i can simply use serebii net, ive known them to be quite accurate on the subject, so its fine if you dont know.

Gyro Ball is learned by Ferroseed at level 21 and Leech Seed is learned by Bulbasaur at level 7. I was just on Serebii a moment ago. :p

Gyro Ball is learned by Ferroseed at level 21 and Leech Seed is learned by Bulbasaur at level 7. I was just on Serebii a moment ago. :p

Ahhh, i see. Thank you for helping me out here. I will likely consider adding gyro ball, seeing how it will likely prove devastating to fairy types. I am aware that a balance in move types and effects is necessary to have a good team, however on this subject i am attempting to build a more destructive asset for my team. Possibly to use as either a last resort or any time i see i am up against something that proves threatening to the rest of my team otherwise. Just feel this pokemon with the item and moveset would be excellent backup for me in many cases, so this is why i want to make it as destructive as possible. Thank you for your advice. :)

Back