SwSh Auto saving glitch can delete all of the saves on your Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Update: This only affects people who attempt to hack their Switch.

I'm not sure how true this is but there's a rumor going around about an auto save glitch that deletes all of your save files.

I'm seeing that other Nintendo sites are reporting a crash bug that corrupts SD card data. So my guess is that these two might be related and the fact that you can only redownload your games after reformatting the SD card can lead to the loss of saved game data.

So if you have auto save enabled, disable it as soon as you begin to play. Not that most people would want it enabled anyway because lots of people love to soft reset for shiny versions of Pokemon or hidden power IVs.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Starry Windy
This is awkward... and kinda reminds me of the debacle of a certain Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch of back then. According to some rumors, the issue seems to affect the digital version of the game, but still, if it's true, I think Ninty should take care of this.

Oh, and from what I heard, the save data is stored on internal memory instead of SD card, so theoretically the save data should be fine (I'm not sure what will happen if autosaving glitches out though), but having to redownload the games on the SD card can be quite a handful.

Last edited:
This is awkward...
I just got word that this only affects hacked Nintendo Switches. So we're good.

Reactions: Starry Windy
So I saw the news recently, and it seems that the root cause of deletion problem may have to do with Switch's buggy exFAT driver, so for now, it might be the best to reformat the Micro SD to FAT32 to avoid such issue. And I hope Ninty would update the Switch to fix the bug, too.

Last edited:
Just in case anybody else forgot, FAT32 does support up to 2 TB, so basically we should all be good with formatting to FAT32

just want to note that the switch saves saves into the internal memory anyway. No saves where lost, just downloaded games.

Reactions: P2.0
Back