Awful Retros: Hydlide

• Thread starter Necromancer540
  • Start date
Necromancer540

Necromancer540

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Why? WHy WHY?
I have to play Hydlide a very awful adventure game.......
Before I start the review look at the intro
Yea... Tell me what you think about the intro
hydlideforest.gif

As soon as you enter the game the first thing anyone thinks of is Legend of Zelda, I may bring Zelda up a few times,
and I know what you're thinking "Dude! They ripped off Zelda?"
Actually Hydlide came first in 1985 Zelda came out in 1986
Hydlide was first but Zelda did it right
Hydlide did rip of the music from Indiana Jones, and you will hear this tune for the entire game until the ending which also ripped off Indiana Jones
Graphics
The graphics in this game are some of the worst I have ever seen in a video game. Terrible enemy and character designs, uninteresting backgrounds, and little design of the menus and opening screen. Terrible. Just plain terrible. I am truly offended by the graphics in this game, if you can believe that. Everything about this game just plain old looks horrible. I am disgusted by the graphics in the game.
Gameplay

Hydlide does a terrible job here- to attack you must hold A and run into, enemies when they die they just dissapear, in Zelda you can see Links sword killing the enemies and the enemies look like they're being killed.
Hydlide does not have a battery back up to save the game if you plan to turn off the NES
you would have to use this looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg Password

GOOD POINTS
-------------------
-There are graphics in the game.
-There is music in the game.
-The controller works for the game.

BAD POINTS
---------------
-The graphics suck. The music sucks.
-The control sucks. The gameplay sucks.
-You have to walk into your enemies to kill them. What in the hell is up with that?

0/10 Do not play this piece of trash

So this game ripped off the music from other game and Zelda is considered as a rip off of this game?

Didn't they made a sequel of this game on the Sega Saturn ? Because I remember that there was a 3D version of the game called "Virtual Hydlide", and it looked really horrible. For both controls (again ?) and graphics (again too ?).

I just checked the saturn version and it looks cool compared to its old version butvI haven't played it though, so I can't tell for sure.

Back