Azure Striker Gunvolt for Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Mighty no. 9 isn't the only game that the Mega Man creator is working on. Azure Striker Gunvolt is the name of the game if you guessed and it's a side-scrolling action game for the Nintendo 3DS.

It looks a lot like the MegaMan/RockMan games (fast-forward to the gameplay / 0:35 I think) :

I hope this game comes to North America and Europe as well (yeah, right now I know it's coming to Japan). I really enjoyed the old MegaMan games and I'll be looking forward to playing this one if it comes to the US.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: BrianXcalibur
Yeah, it looks real close to the old megaman games :p
somehow the storyline seems similar to FF VII (Sumeragi = Shinra Corp., Rebel Group = AVALANCHE), or is it just me? :oops:

I do hope it comes to US too!! :D

Just heard of this. Is this game under Inafune's Comcept only, or like Soul Sacrifice?
Megaman, my favorite franchise. I hope the same things like you guys!! XD

Yeah, it looks real close to the old megaman games :p
somehow the storyline seems similar to FF VII (Sumeragi = Shinra Corp., Rebel Group = AVALANCHE), or is it just me? :oops:

I do hope it comes to US too!! :D
I know, right! And it also seems like the music in the intro of the game is similar to the music near Aerith's house and in the vicinity of the Slums.

Just saw some screenshot posted by a gaming site, and it's wonderful. Wonderful. Somehow the MC reminds me of The World Ends With You MC. Yellow hair, slender body, blue clothes/armor... :D

Reactions: 532
According to siliconera.com , There will be 2 heroines to supports our character (Gunvolt):
1. Sian (a seventh psychic)
0064.jpg
2. Morpho (a virtual idol)0075.jpg

weeellll, we'll be waiting for a localization announcement maybe?:whistle:

I heard from a friend that we will get a US release together with JP release this summer, but I lost the news link. Anyone can prove/disprove this? I believe that it will be localized since in the trailer they mention a pending ESRB rating.

It's confirmed (from Siliconera)! US and JP release simultaneously.

Reactions: BrianXcalibur
Wait, this is a thing? Guess I need to pay more attention to gaming news...

The game is now available in North America. Has anyone played it yet?

I know @Dragovian has been looking for feedback and I think I saw @Natsu Dragneel playing it via 3DS friend list, :bag:

The game is now available in North America. Has anyone played it yet?

I know @Dragovian has been looking for feedback and I think I saw @Natsu Dragneel playing it via 3DS friend list, :bag:
Not yet :bag:

I've played it, and it's amazing. I'm only about an hour in, but from what I've played, it feels a lot like the Megaman Zero/ZX games. You can choose to play the stages in any order, and halfway through the stages, there's a non-optional plot stage. The game feels fluid, the music is great, the graphics are a perfect fit, everything just feels right. My one problem is that materials are often a bit scarce, but the missions fix that for the most part. :D

The first time I saw this inside Eshop,I was trying decide if I should buy that,or that new One Piece game,lol.Eventually,I chose this. XD Gunvolt in my prospective is a lot like the MegaManZX series,with the exception of using Gunvolt unique ability to tag enemies,an zap them with his FlashField.At first,I didn't know how to score big on it,kept getting B's. :/ But then after reading a bit more,I became more in tuned with getting a bunch of Kudos. (Not to mention Lumen's songs are pretty nice too. :) ) Anyhoo,the story had an interesting twist in it as well.I won't spoil for the people who haven't bought it yet,but I do reccomend you buy it if you're a fan of MegaMan.Plus,you get a free game:Mighty Gunvolt! :D No story,it's just for fun. ;)

I buy this game I probaly only wanted the free copy of the mighty 9..I not take this game as better than others like gunman clive. For me gunman clive is awesome instead of this azure volt.. Still there is so many peoplenthat prefer to plays this game ..so to play it depends on your taste exactly then others opinion..

Reactions: P2.0
I'm actually very interested in this. I haven't really been a fan of games similar to this set up, however all the videos I seen of it look awesome. I'm going to catch it when it goes on sale. Not really interested in mighty gunvolt , so losing on that won't be a big deal to me:

Reactions: P2.0
@kaw1234 :Oh,I've heard of that game,seen pics too,but wasn't sure on whether to check it out or not.And yes,getting a free game's not too shabby either,lol. ;) @Mel :When you get it,prepare for awesome-ness,lol.This game's really well done,and it tests your wits too! The Kudos add to your score,and if it's high enough,you get rewards! :D Also,hearing the different songs Lumen sings when you get 1000+ Kudos is really majestic in my opinion. :)

The game is pretty awesome :D Not that I've played it. My friend has it and praises it at least once a day.

I have seen some trailers on the eshop lately, is this a recently released game? or does it have some time on the eshop? Anyway, to me it is quite a good game, specially because I love the 2d scrolling games, and if this one is from the creator of mega man, i think everything is said.... this is a must have!

This game is great! I bought it on a whim cause I had 15 bucks lying around in my eshop balance, but I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy it that much. A few months later and its now one of my most played games; the story is cool and interesting (even without the cut content) with some neat twists, the characters are awesome with great designs and personalities, and the gameplay is just so damn fun with all the bullets and electricity flying around.
One of my favorite games to play when I've got spare time, hope it gets a sequel soon.

Dunno why but after playing this game a bit, I couldn't get 'that' feeling. Maybe since it's different from Megaman/Zero franchise -- this one simply tag-bzzz-dodge. I wish it was merrier :p
But it's actually a good game. New innovation in platformer, I think.

Back