Backmasking (in songs)

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Backmasking is a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward onto a track that is meant to be played forward. Backmasking is a deliberate process, whereas a message found through phonetic reversal may be unintentional.

Coutesy of Wikipedia~

many of the well known songs such as Umbrella (by Rihanna) Baby one more time (Britney) are said to have bizarre messages (mostly satanic) in them if you play their songs backwards. Anyone heard of any of these songs or others? Or do you know about this technique in general? or do you think it's just a load of rubbish?

this really freaked me out once I found about it. I searched on YT, and I couldn't sleep the night, seriously. I listened to a few backmasked songs. This is not for the faint hearted, so I advise you not to listen to these kind of songs unless you feel you can handle them. xD

I'd love to hear the other songs that kept you awake, unless they're also Rihanna or that sort of stuff :wtf:

I've heard or known a couple of songs with backmasking in them. In 'I Set My Friends On Fire' Aiden apparently backmasked 'hell is a nice place to visit' repeated several times. It doesn't bother me much; they want to be scary, and it doesn't sound like much more than very quick whispering for a while. I've listened to songs that are scarier played forwards :p

I wonder if there's any backmasking in Owl City - Fireflies or one of the My Little Pony songs... :eek:

Back