Ultimate bad matchmaking system in ultimate (global trash power) =(

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
the only thing i really hate about this game besides some cheap spirit battles is the online matchmaking, and heres where im going to get into why i quit playing online with randoms. the cause? most likely the inaccurate assumptions (and possibly poorly programmed) of something called global smash power. this almost always has an average or non-competitive player like me up against a bunch of super expert competitive players and by flipping trash this gets tiring in a hurry.... i dont play this game to compete, i play it to relax and have fun which global trash power makes impossible online.

The problem with this feature in the first place is that almost anyone can cheese high starting GTP by spamming attacks in 100 man smash or classic 9.9, and then when they wanna just go onljne for the heck of it they get repeatedly outmatched because of this bad system. i think this was a lot better on 3ds and wii u where they separated modes more properly like "for glory" (for the more serious players or competitive ones) and then "for fun" which is where less serious players like me would fit. but now that they base it all solely off these bad and unreliable numbers the online is just hopelessly all over the place and i generally dont battle randoms at all because of the issue.

i heard competitive players were just as frustrated, getting battles where its a game of item carnage (honestly i cant blame them... i dont mind items but i also dont like it when theres so many that all you can see is assist trophies, large projiles from these and one legendary pokemon after another... i like items but please, keep them in moderation! i dont want a mess !) or team battles instead of l vs 1 battles. Tbh, im probably not much happier with matchmaking issuee than these people are...

nintendo really, really needs to go back to the old battle modes online, global smash power on its own just isnt good at all =/

• Informative
Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Back