Bad Wii U Eshop Games!

• Thread starter Chibi Asriel
  • Start date
Chibi Asriel

Chibi Asriel

Goat Herder
Towns Folk
so I recently adopted a wiiu (at long last!) and whilst I see alot of good games on the wiiu eshop..there are those indie games that look...well like Trash! espically when you think you can charge a crazy price for somthing that looks like it belongs on the playstation 1, Seriously you have amazing indie games like Shovel knight...but then..you see somthing like meme run (which was removed, thank you..) or somthing akin to that and it looks like trash, Not saying that all wiiu eshop games are bad, but when your looking throught a Catalog of Good games, you eventually find the bad in there somewhere,

so list any bad wiiu games you've seen if you want

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Meme Run. :p

IQ Test. It should be a free-to-play flash game, rather than a Wii U eShop title for $3.99. It's certainly not worth the money and it's the pure definition of repetitive. I made the mistake of buying this game, thinking it would be fun lol. Because of IQ Test, I don't by many eShop games under 5 dollars that much anymore. xD

Reactions: Jisenku and Duffy
I think that the biggest ripoff on the entire eShop has got to be the atrocity known as TANK TANK TANK!. The game appears to be free, but has so many restrictions that it borders on being unplayable. You can only play it three times a day, and none of the modes come unlocked and instead have to be payed for, with a total cost that adds up to way more than the game's retail value...

Reactions: Jisenku
The terrible game ever to come out for the Wii U is probably Zombie U it looks like a rip off of Resident Evil Revelations and if I was to buy either one of them I would definitely aim at RE Revelations and the RE4 that's probably also the reason why it went on for sale in Eshop i remember it coming out barley and it didn't really interest me much nor did it catch my attention to buying it and playing it even though I like zombie games this was a pass game I didn't really like it.

Nowadays with the Wii U discontinued ( in making them ) the eShop is nothing but an App Store for an iPad of some sort. The worst game on the eShop would have to be this third-party game called A Day at The Carnival ( Or at least I think it was called ). It's got it's own Miiverse community, the graphics make it look like it should be on Roblox instead of the Wii U, and it seems to have no instructions.

The terrible game ever to come out for the Wii U is probably Zombie U it looks like a rip off of Resident Evil Revelations and if I was to buy either one of them I would definitely aim at RE Revelations and the RE4 that's probably also the reason why it went on for sale in Eshop i remember it coming out barley and it didn't really interest me much nor did it catch my attention to buying it and playing it even though I like zombie games this was a pass game I didn't really like it.
I played the demo of zombi u and I thought it was great. I have seen people play it and it looked great. That is one m rated game I actually want to play someday.
My worst game for the wii u eshop is sportsball. The only good thing to come from it is the sportsball theme.https://nickelpunk.bandcamp.com/album/sportsball-music-from-and-inspired-by-the-game the lyrics are gold
The first big problem is the loading screens. I think they average between 3 and 10 minutes of loading for every game. Its alot. Then what the game is doesn’t actually work super well. Its like joust, but different teams have different birds, and each bird flys different or is a different size, making it hard to get used to one birds flight if you wanted to play with someone who uses a bird from another team. The other annoying part about it is the gameplay, where it plays like joust, but they also expect you to be able to use your sticks to bounce a ball into a goal while hoping the other teams don’t kill you. Fighting works just like joust, but some birds have longer sticks or are bigger, and birds move different from each other. But fighting doesn’t matter if you never get the ball in the goal. Most of the time if the ball goes in, its pure luck. I will admit that we did have fun messing around and not trying to win, but after 30 minutes of loading screens we decided it wasn’t worth the effort.

I played the demo of zombi u and I thought it was great. I have seen people play it and it looked great. That is one m rated game I actually want to play someday.
My worst game for the wii u eshop is sportsball. The only good thing to come from it is the sportsball theme.https://nickelpunk.bandcamp.com/album/sportsball-music-from-and-inspired-by-the-game the lyrics are gold
The first big problem is the loading screens. I think they average between 3 and 10 minutes of loading for every game. Its alot. Then what the game is doesn’t actually work super well. Its like joust, but different teams have different birds, and each bird flys different or is a different size, making it hard to get used to one birds flight if you wanted to play with someone who uses a bird from another team. The other annoying part about it is the gameplay, where it plays like joust, but they also expect you to be able to use your sticks to bounce a ball into a goal while hoping the other teams don’t kill you. Fighting works just like joust, but some birds have longer sticks or are bigger, and birds move different from each other. But fighting doesn’t matter if you never get the ball in the goal. Most of the time if the ball goes in, its pure luck. I will admit that we did have fun messing around and not trying to win, but after 30 minutes of loading screens we decided it wasn’t worth the effort.
Jeez that game sounds absolutely terrible! Good thing I usually only get games I know are good :p

I haven't really bought a bad game for the wii u but I have looked at the e-shop of it. I saw a lot of good and interesting games but also saw a lot of bad shovel wear games. I think it's pretty evened out on bad to good games. I do wish they would have put more good games on it but since they aren't doing anything for it now it's just a missed chance . Regardless tho I still enjoy the system and the games I have so far for it.

Oof, the Wii U did have some pretty bad games, didn’t it? Let’s see if I can pick which one I hate the most. :p

Out of all the choices available, I’d say the winner is most definitely Sonic Boom. A disgrace to the series overall. They changed the art style by a lot (which left many people unhappy, including myself), the gameplay wasn’t anywhere near the same (again, a MAJOR change), and didn’t feel natural at all. The cartoon was terrible as well.

Sure hope SEGA learned their lesson from that one, lol

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Meme Run. :p

IQ Test. It should be a free-to-play flash game, rather than a Wii U eShop title for $3.99. It's certainly not worth the money and it's the pure definition of repetitive. I made the mistake of buying this game, thinking it would be fun lol. Because of IQ Test, I don't by many eShop games under 5 dollars that much anymore. xD
I'd like to try meme run. It doesn't seem as bad as people made it out to be, and the meme theme is humorous to me.

Oof, the Wii U did have some pretty bad games, didn’t it? Let’s see if I can pick which one I hate the most. :p

Out of all the choices available, I’d say the winner is most definitely Sonic Boom. A disgrace to the series overall. They changed the art style by a lot (which left many people unhappy, including myself), the gameplay wasn’t anywhere near the same (again, a MAJOR change), and didn’t feel natural at all. The cartoon was terrible as well.

Sure hope SEGA learned their lesson from that one, lol

Yea the sonic series has... kind of fallen off since it was competing with the likes of Mario and Donkey Kong for the literal top of the video game industry, I'm looking at you Sonic 06.

But wasn't Sonic Boom also a regular Wii U game? Like it had a physical release? And I mean also had an eShop release like most games

Yea the sonic series has... kind of fallen off since it was competing with the likes of Mario and Donkey Kong for the literal top of the video game industry, I'm looking at you Sonic 06.

But wasn't Sonic Boom also a regular Wii U game? Like it had a physical release? And I mean also had an eShop release like most games
Yeah, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric did have a physical release.
th

You've probably known by now, though, since it's been almost 5 months since you said that.

Reactions: Duffy and Jisenku
Zombie U was a good game, i really liked it. I liked how everytime you died, ur someone else, and how you have to go back and kill your infected self to get back your loot. I wasnt a fan of the multiplayer tho, as one is the survivor and the other is the controller.....

The worst game I can think of is El Silla - Arcade Edition, it looks really nice, but it's very very short and has little replayability value.

For $1 it wasn't worth it.

Back