Balan Wonderworld - An Action Platformer From The Creators Of Sonic

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Balan Wonderworld is a new action platformer game from the creators of Sonic the Hedgehog. The game will include over 80 costumes to use and you must use your powers to restore happiness and balance.

Edn1ZcPXgAE-C3W

The game has been confirmed to come to the Nintendo Switch in Spring 2021 on March 26th, 2021.

New announcement trailer:

What are you hoping for?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepak
Balan Wonderworld is a new action platformer game from the creators of Sonic the Hedgehog. The game will include over 80 costumes to use and you must use your powers to restore happiness and balance.

Edn1ZcPXgAE-C3W

The game has been confirmed to come to the Nintendo Switch in Spring 2021.

What are you hoping for?
That guy looks like a combination of willy wonka and joker from persona :eyes:

I was gonna say that white hatted guy reminds me of Nights and I'm really getting a Nights vibe from this even though the gameplay is different. It's not really my genre and it might've picked a poor time to release when Spyro/Crash gets discounts but hey this one is completely new and has something new to the table. This also seems to be the console for this genre maybe taking inspiration from Odyssey and various fantasy themes.

Reactions: Deepak
Could be cool. Reminds me a lot of A Hat in Time with the colors and playing as a kid. The costume mechanic has been done before, so I’d hope it’s done in a way that sets it apart.

It has potential! Watching the trailer, it kind of gives me Mario Galaxy vibes

We now have a release date (March 26th, 2021) and an announcement trailer:

Here’s the box art for Switch:

6B6CEC41-9E83-4499-98F4-E761DCD06417.jpeg

Reactions: Mizunil, Deepak and Marc
A new trailer was recently released:

And I'm hearing a demo is now available to try. Has anyone played it yet?

Reactions: Mizunil
I'm kind of surprised this is getting a physical copy on switch. Doesn't really seem like that type of game. Also surprised it's made by Square Enix! Weirdly interesting...

A new trailer was recently released:

And I'm hearing a demo is now available to try. Has anyone played it yet?
Yeah. I played the demo. The cutscenes looked really nice. But once the actual gameplay started, there was a drastic change in the graphics. Everything looked basic and a bit polygonal imo. And the platforming was nice but nothing extraordinary. I guess I had too high of expectations because it was square enix.

Reactions: Marc
Back