Based on books?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Do you see Nintendo creating more games based on a book or series of books? The entertainment industry is doing it with the movies they make so why not with video games? What are your thoughts on this? For or against it?

Yes and no. When you take a look at most of the ports of movies -> games, you get disappointed pretty quickly, since most of them just suck.

So, that would be okay only if there is quality in the gameplay (I don't care about the graphics that much, so...).

Eh, no.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are and will be video game adaptations of books, just not from Nintendo. That's not what Nintendo does.

No, most video game adaptions of either books or movies end up being mediocre at best. I would rather Nintendo invents some new IPs, although that takes time since a new universe, characters, and story line must be created, let alone implemented in an actual quality video game.

I would not like to see Nintendo do a game on a book, unless Nintendo was to write the book, then make a game from it. Then I find it could work for Nintendo though.

I can't really see Nintendo doing this even if they wrote the book, that doesn't really seem like them. Plus I don't know any good book-video game adaptations to begin with, so it wouldn't seem like a good idea to me.

Nintendo works on their own IPs and should create more IPs not based on books. Leave those to the other 3rd party developers to mess up like they have with licensed games...

I don't think games based on books would work very well. It's kind of weird as well. I don't think Nintendo would go down this route, personally. :p

Back