SSB Bayonetta is the new OP now and forever

• Thread starter Mira
  • Start date
Mira

Mira

The Most Boring Person On Earth
Towns Folk
It's confirmed. By me. Bayonetta is OP now and forever. I can't be garaunteed because she hasn't released yet. But from that video and combos and her movesets, she has to be. Especially her recovery, omg.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Bayonetta is going to be so combo-heavy, I love it! I like how they implemented Witch Time, it'll actually have a proper use rather than counter spam/dodge spam. As well as that, did you see the combo that they put in the Nintendo Direct? B-Reversals are god xD

Hopefully when she comes out I can have some time to really delve into her character and find some cool things out. -w-

Reactions: Mira
So for those of you that have played ultimate marvel vs Capcom 3, do you know of the character Virgil? Bayonetta will be the female smash brothers version of him. With her attacks all being combo potential and can potentially avoid spikes using witch time, after burner kick, bair or fair depending on the situcation, another after burner kick, witch twist, uair, and another witch twist, she can easily recover and rack up damage. And don't even get me started on her ground game.

It can easily be determined by anyone who watches her trailer, that she is certainly OP :p Being a combo character and utilizing her guns and specials (especially that down special, which is useful in the both circumstances) she can easily rekt anyone if used correctly in the regarding situation. She's by far the most unique Smash character I've ever seen, having so many characteristics.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and Mira
It's confirmed. By me. Bayonetta is OP now and forever. I can't be garaunteed because she hasn't released yet. But from that video and combos and her movesets, she has to be. Especially her recovery, omg.

I'm pretty sure they added Bayonetta to make people quit the game. "What's the point of playing this broken game anymore?" fans will ask. After Februrary, it's buy or be killed. Seriously, say goodbye to any balance in the game when the last update comes out. Even if Bayonetta doesn't take over For Glory, Corrin sure will. I'll pray for you guys.

But then again we have to remember, the dlc trailers just make the characters look good. It is still unknown of her counter match ups, types of stages she works best on, and actual potential of chaining. Remember how we all thought little Mac would be unstoppable? Look at him now.

she´s not OP, she´s just insanely stronger than most characters due to probably miscalculated character play style possibilities.
but i WILL buy her and use her just because she looks sooo rad, also because my friends dislike her just because she´s "an icon of sexuality in videogames that doesn´t deserve a place in smash". so i´ll use her to annoy my friends when i play.
GOD it feels GOOD to be gangsta´

I agree Bayonetta's offensive game is witchcraft yet there is some balance. Her air attacks have lag and the more you use those attacks the more lag you have when you land. Witch Time probably is the best way to get a KO. But her bullets seem like a fairly useless addition and most of her moves seem like they have fairly low knockback.

IMO, she is going to be good, but she is not going to be the new #1 like some people say

Unlike ZSS, her up-B apparrently doesn't kill, and actually looks with really low knockback.

And has HORRIBLE ending lag (like Sakurai says and shows) and quite some startup lag (just like Saku... you know what im going to say)

the videos are kinda designed to make the fighters look OP :T don't forget that while she has powerful combos, it's hard for her to get them going, and leave her EXTREMELY open when she lands after an air combo. and while she can use her up special twice, it doesn't go very high up, meaning that both uses will go about the same height as an average recovery move

Back