Be careful when ordering Switch Pro Controllers

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've just read how there are people making "fake" Switch Pro Controllers to sell. I think they still work and are considered as third-party controllers for the Nintendo Switch (I'm unsure if they have the Nintendo seal of approval), but they're just clones of the pro controller and might not be as 'solid' as the real deal.

Someone found one on eBay with the listing title that could fool people into believing it is the real official pro controller but at a discounted price. It would encourage someone who is ignorant to buy it quickly :redpanda:

Some signs to look for:
  • Pro controller doesn't have an official Nintendo logo.
  • Lack of branding of the controller's box.
So just a heads up for people looking to order the pro controller from sites like eBay, etc :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mikaya, Samster and SilverOwl
Somebody should test these out to see if they are actually worth the discounted price, as many lazy controller makers don’t put much effort in differentiating thier controllers to the official ones, but they may still be worth the price.

Reactions: Samster
Whoa, interesting. I’ve actually been thinking of buying a new Pro Controller recently, so thanks for the heads up!

Some Ebay sellers are scammers guys be very careful because this one lady stole my money and I tried contacting ebay and they were unavailable their customer service is crap I suggest Amazon even if you have to pay more imo.

Reactions: Mikaya
This is why I don't take the risk of ordering stuff online xD

The main giveaway is most likely the price - If it's too low, It's probably a fake (compare the price to a regular priced pro controller). Purchase from trusted traders only (See feedback/reviews). The pictures listed might also be random and not genuine so be wary of that also. I would personally buy any game-related items from a local store (Not GAME because it's pretty much daylight robbery). xD

Reactions: Samster
Back