Beat up on weavile

• Thread starter MysticSniper
  • Start date
MysticSniper

MysticSniper

Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
Is it worth it to have sneasel learn beat up then evolve to weavile, or should I evolve it now? Its nature is jolly, ability is pickpocket, and EVs are 252 atk & spd, 4 hp.

Beat Up really works great in Doubles teams with a Justified Pokemon so if you have any plans then sure use it. It's not a very good offensive move however. The ability doesn't really matter when considering Weavile's moves in my opinion. Nice EVs on Weavile I would've put those EVs on too.

I think beat up is ghost type, not dark, so justified won't work with it, unless I missed something about it.

I think beat up is ghost type, not dark, so justified won't work with it, unless I missed something about it.
Its a dark type.
It works really well on justified lucario, have the weavile use beat up on lucario, and watch lucario kill everyone insteantly (doubles set I'm speaking of). The only main problem you'll encounter is ensuring lucario will stay alive, because after eating all those beat ups, it's gonna have like 1/4 hp gone.

Well, that might work better with someone like gengar, who has a much lower base attack.

Well, that might work better with someone like gengar, who has a much lower base attack.
No just leave it on the weavile. Lucario resists dark type moves so he can benefit the most from it with justified, and with access to rock slide he can easily cripple the opponents pokemon.

Or, could put beat up on someone with infiltrater and have lucario protect on the first turn. Then, the opponent can't ruin this strategy on the first turn by targeting lucario. Also, I thought justified raises speed.

Or, could put beat up on someone with infiltrater and have lucario protect on the first turn. Then, the opponent can't ruin this strategy on the first turn by targeting lucario. Also, I thought justified raises speed.
Infiltrator doesnt attack through protect, but it does work through substitute but that'll just cause it to have even less HP by the end of it. And Justified raises the Attack Stat by one stage from each hit.

Then they need to change its description to make that clearer, because protect is a barrier and it says infiltrator lets the holder pass through barriers.

Then they need to change its description to make that clearer, because protect is a barrier and it says infiltrator lets the holder pass through barriers.
Barriers as in Light Screen, Safegaurd(I think) and Reflect as well as Substitute.
You could always look it up to see more clearer definitions of the abilities. :)

We're getting a little off topic, aren't we? Anyway, now that I have weavile with beat up on it, can I remove it and reteach it latter?

We're getting a little off topic, aren't we? Anyway, now that I have weavile with beat up on it, can I remove it and reteach it latter?
You can only relearn moves that are in Weavile's Learnset I believe.

If it's learned then yes but you'll need heart scale.

Back