AC: NL Before I go and spend actual money on this...

• Thread starter BacklogGamer
  • Start date
BacklogGamer

BacklogGamer

Backlogged for life TT-TT
Towns Folk
Would anyone be willing to make some custom path patterns for some pc? Here's everything you need to know copied over from my thread on deviantart.

"In my pursuit to have a truly unique town, I'm looking to get some patterns I can use for paths in my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'm trying to get a good pattern of tree roots to come from my plaza tree and spread all throughout my town. What want is a vertical, horizontal, and 4 corner patterns of tree roots. The vertical and horizontal ones should be able to tile with more of themselves as you'd expect; but i want 3 more variants of them. The borders of them 3-4 pixels at the appropriate sides should stay the same, but the section in the middle of each of them different to maybe have moss, or small flowers blooming in different places on them; and of course with different growth pattern for the individual roots. This way, I can have the paths tile, while avoiding the same pattern over and over. As for the title of this thread, I'd also like a steam-punk variant each of the horizontal, vertical, and corner pieces; all able to line up with the normal tree root patterns. Like the tree had been damaged and needed to be modified to survive and continue to provide nourishment for the town.

To recap that's:
3 vertical tree root patterns
1 vertical steam-punk root/pipe pattern
1 corner tree root patterns
1 corner steam-punk root/pipe patterns
*All able to seamlessly connect

I understand that this is a huge request, and did my best to properly explain it. I'm not exactly sure what something like this would cost, so please name your price if possible. I also have several amiibo if you would like furniture from them, and will be getting a Monster Hunter amiibo soon if you'd like something from that one. and obviously wouldn't deny it for free if you just want to do it for the experiment.
winkrazz.gif
Please post some examples of your work if you're interested or ask any questions if you're confused about anything!

*I currently have Medli, W. Link, Cyrus, Reese, K.K., Lottie, Inkwell, and Kappn' amiibo at my disposal; and like I said before will be getting a Monster Hunter amiibo in the coming weeks. Though Medli has already moved in so getting anything specific from her might prove difficult."

I'll obviously need more than that for proper paths, but I intend to just rotate the patterns on my own to suit my needs. Any takers?

P.S. If anyone wants a go at this but doesn't have New Leaf, you can do it on ms paint or something using this color pallet:
WVW69jzP7bMrlEJA3r

I can try too see if I can do it. I need figer out how frist.

you should be able to just edit patterns straight from your designs tab. or did you mean something else?

you should be able to just edit patterns straight from your designs tab. or did you mean something else?
Well that, and trying too figer out how you want it.

well the base of it is overlapping tree roots in a (hopefully natural-looking) pattern. do i need to have another go at explaining the border thing though?

I tried making one

GetFileAttachment

Let me know if this is fine. If it is, I'll work on the corner ties and everything.

image didn't load

-.-

It is broken
I tried making one

GetFileAttachment

Let me know if this is fine. If it is, I'll work on the corner ties and everything.

Tried uploading it again ;~;

@BacklogGamer let me know if it is still not visible.

Attachments

• pastedImage.png
    pastedImage.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 7
looking for something thicker. i want the roots to be the path, not just on the path. good work for no proper reference for what i'm looking for though.

looking for something thicker. i want the roots to be the path, not just on the path. good work for no proper reference for what i'm looking for though.
So you want it too look like a real tree root?

pretty much, yes. i forgot to post this here, but i have this (beautiful) screen shot from pokemon smd and the trunk makes a great pattern:
WVW69izf9CcxK74xEl
WVW69jzqE7Y7nCnExJ
but it's a bit light to look like it comes from the plaza tree, and it obviously won't tile properly without some editing.

pretty much, yes. i forgot to post this here, but i have this (beautiful) screen shot from pokemon smd and the trunk makes a great pattern:
WVW69izf9CcxK74xEl
WVW69jzqE7Y7nCnExJ
but it's a bit light to look like it comes from the plaza tree, and it obviously won't tile properly without some editing.
Gotcha. I'll try one asap.

Back